Closed Thread
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Poland
[UI] Shape of the icons means something? or it's unorganized?

The Following User Says Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
I think that in some video he said that theres 3 shapes and app developer can chose best that suits for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Poland
I think that cool idea will be that multimedia apps will have corner on the left upper side, system apps left bottom or something like that

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I wonder how would Jolla or you make a simple, short and interesting Sailfish UI/UX(exiting an app, activating screen, where is the toolbar?) tutorial for iPhone or Android users?

For iPhone users:
Home button --->Swiping an app from left/right edge [avoid showing them how to close an app or accessing event view because it is kind of confusing to them]

Last edited by youmeego; 2013-09-21 at 15:37.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
I wonder how would Jolla or you make a simple, short and interesting Sailfish UI/UX(exiting an app, activating screen, where is the toolbar?) tutorial for iPhone or Android users?

For iPhone users:
Home button --->Swiping an app from left/right edge [avoid showing them how to close an app or accessing event view because it is kind of confusing to them]

Ever seen the small booklet shipped with every N9? It explains things in the most succinct way possible and something similar should be more than sufficient...

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
And theres tutorial when you start phone first time.
Or do you mean that they wont buy it because it looks complicated and tutorial would help?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
I wonder how would Jolla or you make a simple, short and interesting Sailfish UI/UX(exiting an app, activating screen, where is the toolbar?) tutorial for iPhone or Android users?]
In general, rtfm.

N9 did a good job with the mini tutoral at the beginning, and there was also the manual.

I remember big-company-that-makes-phones-tablets-and-other-things saying in an advert that "you already know how to use it". What a load of rubbish. No wonder they ceased doing that as it was false advertising.

Has there been any discussion regarding the web browsing experience on the new Jolla / Sailfish device?

For example, how does it compare to the N900 MicroB experience?

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I don't think they have shown anything about the browser. Only claim I've heard that it's based on Firefox/Gecko (IPCLiteAPI) engine just like QmlMozBrowser/Meefox.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open