Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Is there Currency converter program for internet tablet?

Software that would update currencys from internet.

There's this nifty feature on the forum called "search"...if you had searched for "currency", you might have seen the link to the thread called "Announce: Currency Convertor".

There's also this cool thing called "google". It is a "search engine", which allows you to "search" things called "websites". Doing a search for "maemo currency convertor" before posting your question would have given you the information you were seeking all by yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to z2n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by z2n View Post
There's this nifty feature on the forum called "search"...if you had searched for "currency", you might have seen the link to the thread called "Announce: Currency Convertor".

There's also this cool thing called "google". It is a "search engine", which allows you to "search" things called "websites". Doing a search for "maemo currency convertor" before posting your question would have given you the information you were seeking all by yourself.
There is also this guy who instead of writing on the topic he always shows how smart he is and writes some stupid and completely pointless information !

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Yes. I tryed search from Maemo.org software page. But no luck.

Maybe I should have tryed with Google too.

Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Hmmm... for me, the search function on http://maemo.org is kind of broken...regardless of which category I choose, the searches only take place within the "Maemo.org documenation" section. Since the currency convertor isn't officially blessed by Nokia, it won't show up there.

A search within the "garage.maemo.org" section should return a link to the Maemo garage site for the currency convertor, and a search from https://garage.maemo.org does work.

I really do need to investigate the mechanism for getting the gcur package included in the "maemo extras" repository....

Search here on ITT instead, if you just want to see if a question has been raised before (e.g. if there's a currency converter).

There's another search button here which will use google to search ITT. It's a bit better than the built-in search.