Notices

Here working fine.

Don't know if have to be something with the ghost contact or cause i'm on wifi or who knows.

Greetings.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Just tested and a plain text message works fine, both receiving and sending.

I wonder Wotsup :-) ???

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by apeman View Post
There is an example of incoming message that was received by yappari (if I understand the log file correctly) but it wasn't shown on screen.
A part of the log that seemed relevant to me is attached.

Code:
INCOMING:
<message>
   from=420XXXXXXXXX@s.whatsapp.net
   id=1441390922-121
   notify=Vladimir
   t=1441392451
   type=text
<enc>
   type=msg
   v=1
!•J…ž7ĂƒÂ˝.nĂƒÂ®GĂ‚Âś. Ă‚Â˛ĂƒÂ©yMj¶¤”Ă‚ÂĽĂ‚ÂŞĂƒÂś(g*"DĂ‚ÂšĂƒÂ•ĂƒÂ—Ă‚Â*Ă‚Â‰ĂƒÂŞĂ‚ÂżĂƒÂ±ĂƒÂ—ĂƒÂ˛Ă‚Â˛{v8[8Kwy®m
Oh, I see. Yappari simply doesn't support encrypted messages, so even though it receives that, it simply doesn't know what to do with it, so it simply ignores all that.

That's something doable, I guess, but I don't know the cypher nor how are the keys created and shared, etc... If anyone knows I can take a look at how much would take the implementation of this.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Here working fine.

Don't know if have to be something with the ghost contact or cause i'm on wifi or who knows.

Greetings.
Are you still experiencing the ghost contact after the new synchronization code? Sorry to hear that

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Prague
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Oh, I see. Yappari simply doesn't support encrypted messages, so even though it receives that, it simply doesn't know what to do with it, so it simply ignores all that.

That's something doable, I guess, but I don't know the cypher nor how are the keys created and shared, etc... If anyone knows I can take a look at how much would take the implementation of this.
You are right. I checked connection.cpp And method processing messages (schematic version below) doesn't process <enc> child of <message>.
Code:
void Connection::parseMessageInitialTagAlreadyChecked(ProtocolTreeNode& messageNode)
    if (typeAttribute == "text" || typeAttribute == "media")
    {
	    if (child.getTag() == "body")
		else if (child.getTag() == "media")
		else if (child.getTag() == "notify")
		else if (child.getTag() == "x")
		else if (child.getTag() == "received")
	}
There are WhatsApp database decryptors on internet (able to decode encrypted messages using key from android device) so if anyone would like to extend this method for if (child.getTag() == "enc"), good luck

why do some clients send encrypted messages? whatsapp introduced encryption in latest versions?

From Wikip.:"As of August 15, 2012, the WhatsApp support staff claim messages are encrypted in the "latest version" of the WhatsApp software for iOS and Android (but not BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and Symbian), without specifying the implemented cryptographic method."

How then, do BB, WP and Symbian devices read the encryption?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
why do some clients send encrypted messages? whatsapp introduced encryption in latest versions?
I'm afraid It's only matter of time when all WhatsApp clients will have to implement TextSecure for encryption/decryption of messages.

Messages might be AES256 encrypted. If I have a spare time, I'll try to dig for an key from my android phone.
If the key is generated per user and not per device, I could be able to decrypt messages using this key.

It is strange that messages are sent in plain text to some users and encrypted to others even if they use the same client (Yappari of course )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apeman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
From Wikip.:"As of August 15, 2012, the WhatsApp support staff claim messages are encrypted in the "latest version" of the WhatsApp software for iOS and Android (but not BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and Symbian), without specifying the implemented cryptographic method."

How then, do BB, WP and Symbian devices read the encryption?
This is a good point. If Yappari identifies itself during the negotiation phase with WhatsApp server as an outdated Symbian/BB WhatsApp client, messages would be sent in plain text and thus readable. As long as those outdated clients are supported..

The Following User Says Thank You to apeman For This Useful Post:
My test message was sent to me by an iPhone 5, and it may not have been upgraded I guess.

Clearly a number of users ARE not receiving messages but from what we have read, they should seek out a contact using older h/w or a BB, WP and Symbian and test a message from that source.

Tags
whatsapp, yappari