Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Some people may wonder how I create these... it's easy once you lean about css selectors and setup a good environment to get going. I use a copy of FFb3 on my MBP with similar settings to microb in terms of font sizes and such. I also use the "test styles" bookmarklet from here to allow me to do most of the work quickly without restarting the browser. Once I've got a good set of css I throw it into my directory of horrors based on the type of matching it does and test it on the desktop. I then rsync it over to the Nokia and try it there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
I've tried to segregate the fixes as much as possible so you can experiment with some and not others just by placing a // in the userContent.css file.
Sometimes I am so newbissimo! OK, where do the // go? A pair in front of and a pair after the end of what you're commenting out?

I would have thought it would be
Code:
 /* ... */
and not
Code:
 // ... //

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Sometimes I am so newbissimo! OK, where do the // go? A pair in front of and a pair after the end of what you're commenting out?

I would have thought it would be
Code:
 /* ... */
and not
Code:
 // ... //
That was my big boo-boo // are not proper for .css files. You must use /* and */ to comment something out. So ignore what I said before.

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Hey, anyone got suggestions for sites to work on cleaning up? I've been working through the sites I frequent.
If you want a suggestion for a website to work on, Yahoo mail could sure use the help!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

+1 to the Yahoo Mail suggestion, it always gives me an error about my resolution being too small?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Brontide --

I'd love it if you worked your magic on http://www.fark.com

No problem here, but I have a slightly different CSS than Brontide.

Originally Posted by briand View Post
Brontide --

No problems with fark here either, and I'm using brontide's css set, entire and unmodified (except for the finger-friendly part)

Help Save This Forum

I'm new to the N810 and to Linux. I'd like to take advantage of brontide's css set as well but don't know where to put the files. BTW I have a userContent.css file already that I got here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=18816&page=2
If I use brontide's userContent.css file to I replace the one I already have?

As for suggestions for other websites, how's about google calendar?

TIA

Originally Posted by rock View Post
I'm new to the N810 and to Linux. I'd like to take advantage of brontide's css set as well but don't know where to put the files. BTW I have a userContent.css file already that I got here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=18816&page=2
If I use brontide's userContent.css file to I replace the one I already have?

As for suggestions for other websites, how's about google calendar?

TIA
yes, you should move the ones you have out of the chrome directory. brontide's incorporated the full-screen google maps, and you can only have one userContent.css file (it can then call in others, which is what brontide's does). Post #3 on this thread tells you where they go. I like to do it with the file manager app called emelFM2.

Help Save This Forum