Active Topics

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
free> if you need some help send me a email ... i ve do it for PyGtkEditor ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Done!
Version 2 available

Thanks Khertan

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Denver, CO
This is really great! The lack of Leafpad was my one regret about upgrading to OS2008, so this is awesome news. Thanks!

Hi free,

Just tried the non-hildonized version of leafpad. I was mainly interested in the ability to open from xterm with a filename as a parameter. Anyhow, it's giving me this warning:

leafpad[1286]: GLIB WARNING ** GLib-GObject - gsignal.c:1019: unable to lookup signal "activate" of unloaded type 'GtkEntry'

Not sure how serious it is since it works, but I just thought you'd appreciate the heads up.

Thanks again!

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Leafpad 0.8.17le.
Serious and reproducible (at least, for me) bug (it's possible it's a system bug triggered by leafpad; in any case, the same actions in vi don't reproduce the problem).
1. open X Terminal;
2. sudo gainroot (rootsh must be installed);
3. cd /etc/xdg/menus/
4. leafpad hildon.menu
5. edit something in the file (add a line, for instance)
6. menu->Save
7. UI is frozen; you cannot switch windows; you cannot close leafpad; Ctrl-Backspace doesn't go to thumbnails of windows; power key menu cannot be seen; you can charge the device and see the LED; you can slide the keyboard and see the lights turn on; slider works; power key allows you to shutdown.

The file is saved, as can be found after shut down - start up.

I have tried command
echo "$(leafpad hildon.menu)" > /home/user/echo
while reproducing the bug, but the echo file is empty after restart, no additional information.

What's wrong with my setup? I have updated to PR1.3 over the air, and all applications "just work", without problems.

How can I log more information about this lockup?