Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
It wasn't included, IIRC they stated that they "may" charge - it's been in the FAQ for a while now.
"Expected availability by end of 2013 subject to demand in your local market. Sales will start in European countries with more countries to follow. If you join the Movement and get the pre-order number to buy the phone when available, you’ll pay no more than 399€; including applicable VAT in Europe, but excluding shipping costs, duties and any local taxes."

http://web.archive.org/web/201305211...n.jolla.com/en

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
"Expected availability by end of 2013 subject to demand in your local market. Sales will start in European countries with more countries to follow. If you join the Movement and get the pre-order number to buy the phone when available, you’ll pay no more than 399€; including applicable VAT in Europe, but excluding shipping costs, duties and any local taxes."

http://web.archive.org/web/201305211...n.jolla.com/en
Ok, thanks for the Link, than i am happy YEAH !!!! Hope there will start to send it on 02.12/03.12 to us

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
i got my invite.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by shadebug View Post
I'm guessing there's a fair few of us running the 3.35pm gauntlet. Anybody know the best way to get to the event? Taxi's probably a bit dear.
From the airport, take the Finnair City Bus directly to Helsinki Central Station (the last stop). The ride is 6.30 EUR and the bus stop is just across the street when exiting Terminal 1 (should be similar for Terminal 2).
A bus leaves for the city every 20 minutes.
From the Central Station to Kamppi is just a few steps across the street.

The bus back to the airport leaves at bus platform 30 next to Helsinki Central Station (left to the main entrance). It's 6.30 EUR again and leaves every 20 minutes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Flight booked, managed to get direct for £98, beat my staff discount price too and no standing by. Plus factor is that I get in at 14:40 so should be in the city centre with plenty of time to spare. Hotel booked at Omena Hotel Helsinki Eerikinkatu, many thanks Tujutzki. €59 not just need to get some Euros for buses etc.

Many thanks to all for info. May see you there

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Flight booked, managed to get direct for £98, beat my staff discount price too and no standing by. Plus factor is that I get in at 14:40 so should be in the city centre with plenty of time to spare. Hotel booked at Omena Hotel Helsinki Eerikinkatu, many thanks Tujutzki. €59 not just need to get some Euros for buses etc.

Many thanks to all for info. May see you there
Great to hear! Maybe you can spy and report back to TMO HQ during the day?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Or take bus number 615 from airport.

Only 4.20 euros, takes about 5 minutes longer that Finnair express bus.

Also this Helsinki region public transport planner could be handy (english version).

http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/

Example From Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to your hotel 14:40 on wendsday.

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
The tent is going up
I would have gone, if I had known that one could enter into a giant purple vagina.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-11-25 at 19:26.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Great advice on the buses.

In other news, does anybody know what the payment options will be on the day? Do Chip and Pin cards work in Finland?

Yes, those work.

(IIRC) DNA said that cash, will be ok at the event as well.

EDIT: one more money related advice to peeps first time in Finland. There's no tipping whatsoever for anything. Unless you're a drunken middle aged american male tourist trying to impress local waitreses.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-11-25 at 22:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post: