Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
The s8... Now because of the screen change I don't think it would fit, or fit more, I can't remember what the edge was like in the s8, but I think it was like the previous display.
It's actually the opposite... the curves were very big like the Samsung S6/S7 Edge phones. After the change, it's more like the Samsung S8....
Trust me (:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
The s8... Now because of the screen change I don't think it would fit, or fit more, I can't remember what the edge was like in the s8, but I think it was like the previous display.

EDIT: we have a new updatehttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5uO1GtW4AAqlst.jpg the keyboard buttons are slightly more curved (on the left)
They also look a little shorter width wise and stretch further to the edge of the device. So basically wider keys vs the old thinner ones?

Gotta love these guys when they stress over these small details. I'm sure no other keyboard phone was ever so meticulously designed before

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Seems like it is difficult to change the keyboad without making some marks on the edges. Started to think of placing an order but I am still waiting to see how Leste works on N900. Do not really need that much from a phone.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
We are planning to host our first community meet up in London, later this month or at the beginning of June.

Anyone is welcomed to drop by to have some drink with us and type/play/feel the device. Also photos and videos are welcomed.

Any interest?

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Better late than never I guess:
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Really...? Please share with us which phone you are using now, that doesn't have closed/proprietary drivers for (at least) the modem?
I'm currently using an N900 and I hate it passionately for its closed bits.
Frankly, I've been looking for a replacement for the past 7 years or so, but everything that hit the market was even worse.

So I'm still sticking to this proprietary pile of ****, simply because it's the smallest pile.
The N900 has tought me one lesson: Never again buy a device that can't do essential tasks on a mainline kernel!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
We are planning to host our first community meet up in London, later this month or at the beginning of June.

Anyone is welcomed to drop by to have some drink with us and type/play/feel the device. Also photos and videos are welcomed.

Any interest?
Not promising yet, but I would love to join!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

Any interest?
That would depend on the day for me, can't make it on a weekday.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Please please decide a date.
I want to keep promise but it gets harder to free up the calender

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
The N900 has taught me one lesson: Never again buy a device that can't do essential tasks on a mainline kernel!
And then mainline kernel will possibly drop support for the niche hardware, making it difficult to upgrade to the latest stable kernel while maintaining support for the hardware? Just pointing out the worst possible scenario.

I vote for silver, not black - for variety.

What is released first, Fxtec or Pyra?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
And then mainline kernel will possibly drop support for the niche hardware, making it difficult to upgrade to the latest stable kernel while maintaining support for the hardware?
While that risk does exist of course, it's lightyears away from being locked into a single funny vendor's kernel or a bunch of binary module blobs that lock you into a specific ABI version.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit