Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
So much fantasy....while Jolla is busy tweeting, everyone else is working hard to make them obsolete .
Haven't been following too much tweeting recently but how many tweets have they tweeted during the last month?

until they release a product, its all noise ...

So much fantasy....while Jolla is busy tweeting, everyone else is working hard to make them obsolete .
Errrm? Jolla isn't just one person u *****. Easy enough to assign one or two people to do PR on the tweeting side.

While everyone else is working on the phone and os itself.. You would think you would at least have a little brain activity with all your "knowledgeable" arguments..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Couldn't care less. Design and UI aren't important. I want to use the thing. It's not a painting that I buy for its beauty.
Oh well, some of us have evolved....
Design, something Apple/Steve under-stand/stood very well and is a main part of a product these days. Functionality, as in a brick (?) just doesn't cut it today.

A good example is what the N9 team has done; a great design, that is different from other without being different for the sake of being different...
Also a UI that is essentially different and more functional than other UI's, like swipe and many others features.

A UI that works intuitively works better and is more pleasing to the user, that, combined with design is what it is all about.

Look at a Ferrari a Bentley, top design & functionality

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
i believe you will be among the first to buy their product if they released it.. just like you have 3 N9... 3 N9?

Can this thread be kept more on essential matters please? Or may be it's better to open some more serious thread about Jolla?

Stskeeps and some Jolla folks on the IRC gave some feedback and basically they can't answer most community questions. (I'm not sure if they are going to answer any really).

The question of community site for Mer derivatives was raised, and there was no consensus whether such thing is needed. What do you think? Should be there a community site (something similar to TMO but without trolling and with moderation in development forums ) for developers and users who are related to Mer derived systems like Jolla, Nemo, Plasma Active, Cordia and etc.? Is there a point in one site (http://opentablets.org may be?). TMO will become history at some point, so a new place is needed. But we don't want to end up in situation which existed with jumping between Meego.com forums, TMO forums, Nokia developer forums and etc.

Basically Stskeeps said this should be a community initiative. I.e. if community won't make such effort - the mess will ensue and no one will care to make such unified resource.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-08-30 at 16:51.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by eerde View Post
Design, something Apple/Steve under-stand/stood very well and is a main part of a product these days. Functionality, as in a brick (?) just doesn't cut it today.
For very superficial people this may be true. But then again, they won't know about a company like Jolla anyway. They'll just buy the model that's popular and that their friends have....

Functionality OTOH is what really counts for those who are more demanding. Functionality is what makes the N900 a so much better device than the N9.

So I still hope Jolla will do little more than apply a little polish here and there and focus on what's under the hood.

Silence. No ideas it seems?

Well, no one outside jolla/mer knows the bigger picture of that whole mer / jolla / nemomobile / other derivates thing. Kinda hard to make decissions with non existing facts.

A community driven effort would be best, but only if the community has a break even size where most stuff got handled by the community itself.

If it's only a small community, a commercial driven platform (with community support of course) would be best.

most likely wait till december, Jolla's phone will be my next phone since droid and IOS is corralling people like sheep around me -_-, but besides that, i hope swipe ui lives in the Jolla phone. The Jolla phone seems to be the best kept secret.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla