Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denver
wtf. I just did this update and now my n900 refuses to stay connected to any wifi access point.

Anyone else experiencing this?

And still no fix for modest randomly capitalizing the "INBOX" folder, thus rendering it completely inaccessible.

Last edited by nickt; 2010-01-14 at 23:06.

[QUOTE=Bazza;472492]
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Not sure why my music widget has stoped displaying the graphic EQ then? some say its gone some say its still there, heres a screenshot ...

Now my current playing song just scrolls across the widget

Yep mine too, am i right in saying that all the graphic EQ did was show in the widget and bottom right hand corner of the screen when playing a tune full screen?

And your right the weather is less icy over here than over at prodigits i hate ice and snow...
Told you it was less icey lol, its great here, the EQ was on the widget, now its gone, the only other EQ iv found is when playing a song goto the main part of the media player where it says music, video, internet radio etc and theres a small EQ in the corner.

I cant update yet either, i can see the update is available on my n900 but when i connect through the nokia software updater, it does recognise my n900 but says that i have the latest version (which i do not), i did install the 1.01 update. Should i just wait a bit longer and see if the update appears. anyone else have this problem. in addition, i have tried when connected to both 3g and wifi, i removed any network related apps. i did have to perform a forced removal of an app from devel sometime ago, which was successful, do you think this maybe the reason?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
So can anyone give me any help with this?

I've tried re-flashing, but it leaves all kinds of settings behind, so I'm at a loss as to how to restore the phone to completely fresh out of the box state..

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
It will clear something but not everything so beware of bug 7432 - /opt and /home/user not cleared after firmware reflash

After reflashing and before installing anything else it might be useful to do cleanup in /opt at least. Otherwise you will have some dead weight there which will be hard to find later.

This info is somewhat troubling.

Now that this firmware has been released, I'd like to completely wipe the device when I install it so that it's as though it shipped OOTB with this firmware installed.

There's absolutely nothing on there that I care about keeping, so I have no interest whatsoever in data being left behind in /opt and /home/user...

What exactly are my options? Should I flash with the eMMC image, or does that come with other possible issues I should be aware of?

Or should I do a normal flash and then rm -rf /home/opt /home/user

Help greatly appreciated.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by marshad View Post
i tried updating to new fw using app manager, the update showed up and i tried downloading but it says i should connect to pc suite and install through nokia software upadater. is this the path everyone has to install it or are some people able to instal over the ar?
same here.
update showed up on phone but when i tried to install it only asks if i want to make a backup.
further it said that i have to update via nokia pc suite.

i guess it's because i haven't enough free space on my phone with testing and devel enabled plus many apps installed.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
When I uninstalled libqt4-phonon I was able to update OTA.
How-to:
Open terminal and become root.
apt-get remove libqt4-phonon
Accept when it asks for confirmation.

Ok, i checked the OTA to PR1.1 troubleshooting page and i am quite sure that this is my fault, i installed an app from devel and it was broken i.e could not run, uninstall or update. i had to use terminal to remove. i tried the usual commands through apt-get and dpkg but in then end had to perform a forced removal. This is why my OTA update had failed, i am now reflashing my n900 through nokia software updater to ver 1.01 and then i will update to 1.1 OTA. Hope this helps anyone...

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley For This Useful Post:
Umm. Yawn. Where's MMS? Portrait mode? It didn't seem that buggy to me....

Why did it ask me to use USB and require PC to update this firmware?

How big is the file actually? I thought it's around 40Mb?? It shows up as 90Mb for me.

Now i go to PC and download NokiaSoftwareUpdate and launch it and it says "This operating system is not supported. Installation will not continue." WTF ...this is Windows 7!! Bullshyt!!

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-01-15 at 00:43.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update