Notices

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
Just a word: sqlite

Yes, it's a teaser

Aha, full offline mode on approach... :-)

Not very soon, it's a lot of work

If you want you can follow my dev on the storage branch on github

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Aha, full offline mode on approach... :-)
Speaking of which, how do the rest of you deal with the annoyance with offline mode that every time you skip to a new article that has images it tries to connect? I tried going into Offline Mode, but of course every time it asks to exit Offline mode. I even tried switching off wifi with Wifi Switcher 'cause I have it set to only scan for wifi but it stll scans. Annoying to say the least.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Last edited by grog; 2011-01-10 at 20:41.

I don't. I use GRead online, and just skip articles with heavy graphics before they have time to load :-)

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
I don't. I use GRead online, and just skip articles with heavy graphics before they have time to load :-)
For me this is the first time in a while I've really had the opportunity to try & use it offline along with actually remembering to turn it on & sync it before I left . I see what you mean & it's not GRead's fault. When I tell my phone to go offline, what's the point of it bugging me all the time to get back on?
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Yes i know media content are not preloaded. And this "bug" is really annoying when the n900 is really offline.
It will be corrected with the full offline mode.

Speaking about this mode, some work is done, but i have not a lot of time now because i'm currently quitting my job to create a development company... and good news, GRead, and all my ideas for it, will be managed by this company (with some other projects more important....)

But i don't stop working on it, i have a big commit (waiting some more work) for the storage branch, with account managing (now that we'll have storage, we must save data for each account : if you change your login, it's a different account), and a lot of work on memory consumption...

one day

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twidi For This Useful Post:
Bon courage ! :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Twidi, you still there, or gone to the Dark Side ? :-)

Yesterday, all of a sudden, my Gread lost its configuration, and worse, it can't seem to save it anymore...

Each time I run it, it opens an empty Settings dialog, works fine for the session, then forgets all about it when I close it :-(

What can be wrong ? I don't remember doing anything special to the system during the last few days (no CSSU, reflashing, new apps etc.)...