Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
I love this app, but I don't like it messing with my power button functionality. My finger's growing weary of double-tapping. Is there a way i can return the power button to normal without uninstalling the app?

I'll bump, I want to restore my single-click power button. Also, my rotate often stops working, only rotating the d-pad, which is a double pain. The only way to fix it, and get rotation back (before it goes again shortly after), is to reboot. Any suggestions?

Anyone? I'm getting sick of having to keep rebooting my tablet, and it's time consuming when I need it most.

Don't get me wrong - this is cool - to be able to rotate the NIT into portrait mode, but isn't there an elephant in the room? It is almost useless unless you have some other way of launching apps. When I rotate and try to launch apps using the standard app launcher on my N810, the menus showing the various apps are almost off the screen, and I cannot move down through the list of apps using the stylus. So as it stands, it looks more like a proof of concept...that is unless someone can help me launch apps another way. I looked into powerlauncher, but it didn't look too user-friendly. I have years of linux experience, so I'm not afraid of tweaking things to get them to work, but I'm having trouble with this.

Originally Posted by dannemil View Post
Don't get me wrong - this is cool - to be able to rotate the NIT into portrait mode, but isn't there an elephant in the room? It is almost useless unless you have some other way of launching apps. When I rotate and try to launch apps using the standard app launcher on my N810, the menus showing the various apps are almost off the screen, and I cannot move down through the list of apps using the stylus. So as it stands, it looks more like a proof of concept...that is unless someone can help me launch apps another way. I looked into powerlauncher, but it didn't look too user-friendly. I have years of linux experience, so I'm not afraid of tweaking things to get them to work, but I'm having trouble with this.
Well, that's just Nokia following in their long tradition of encouraging open development by delivering bad software, so that others have to write open replacements.
You can drag the navigator bar to the top/bottom, and put the app menu to the top of the list, so it shows up all the way on the left. Then you get the whole first column and part of the second showing; d-pad is still required to scroll down, though.

Or use Personal Menu.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Hi

Is there an update for the latest SSU?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I've built the latest xserver-xomap from the ssuwith the rotation patch (with a minor modification to actually get it to compile with rotation) and the latest kernel from the ssu with rotation and am using rotation in the latest ssu but I'm withholding on uploading anything until I can get proper webspace where I can set up a repo (much like http://outpo.st/rotate/ but for the latest SSU). rm_you, if you see this

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
What's the problem with outpo.st/rotate/ ?
I mean why searching for a new one when the old site could be extended ...

What are the requirements for your webspace? Maybe I can offer you something ...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
What's the problem with outpo.st/rotate/ ?
I mean why searching for a new one when the old site could be extended ...

What are the requirements for your webspace? Maybe I can offer you something ...
Jott (the webmaster of that site) has been awol for a loong loong time now. Rotation in Maemo is possible because of his work and I'd rather not set up a new site but I don't know if we'll see him again. At least his site has not been updated for new ssu.
But agreed, it is odd setting up a new repo. I wonder when jott will be back.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-12-22 at 17:40.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
I will use your kernel and xserver for sliderotate package anyway, so I may as well host them
Email them to me and I will put them on my server.

I will update sliderotate to match the latest SSU but that will have to wait after the holidays, I might get yelled at by the kids and wife if I did that right now.

Tags
angular momentum, quantum mechanics, rotation, weirdtags