Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
hey all , im having an issue with canola 2 i need to fix , when i forst installed it and it read all my id3 tags , not everthing was tagged or tagged correctly... i went through ALL my mp3's and edited EVERY tag so the correct artist , title , and album was on there and spelled in a correct and uniform way. my problem , is that now im done , its still reading album titles that arent there anymore , like i would click on it and it says there are no songs. how can i get rid of this info thats still in its memory? i uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. HELP!!!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Munky,

I think you can delete the canola.db (database) and let canola build another one. Gustavo could point you to a better direction but do the following:

go to /home/user/.canola/
search for canola.db
make a copy of that (just for backup)
and delete canola.db and start canola again.

See if this helps

We will add a way to "force rescan of the library to help on that"

Thanks

marcelo

worked great!!! one thing tho, i deleted the.db file and opened canola and let it scan. but when i went into artists to check everythin part of the artist list was repeated and a complete list wasnt displayed. so , i went and turned off all folder watching , exited canola , deleted the .db file again then restarted canola and presto everything was organized as in should be .... on another note what would the possibility be of when in genre view of having an option to organize the song view by artist and when playing all songs in a genre having some way to skip to next artist as well as skip song.... kinda like folderskip on a car stereo that supports mp3 cd's know what i mean?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Munky : yes I know what you mean. I don't know if this can be done, but I will check to see if fits "the whole"

Anyways I think your comment about the scanner will help us indentify the problem! thank you very much!
=)

Slightly off topic, but as I posted in a bug report, please start using the album artist tag to identify albums, rather than just the artist tag. This would solve the issue of soundtracks and compilations being shown as separate albums. The album artist would be set to Various Artists, and the artist is whoever actually performed the song.

The Following User Says Thank You to jhoff80 For This Useful Post:
Hi, I had the same problem. Canola was only detecting one song, and one folder of photos. I tried deleting the canola.db file, and now it's not finding any. Any ideas how I can make it do a rescan?

The bit I saw of the photo browsing is really nice by the way

Does Canola play .m4a files from itunes?

handful , in the future , when we have a "various Artists" album , when playing the song , would it be possible to have artist as well as album artist displayed in cases like this??

something like...

Song Title
"artist"
Various Artists
Album Title

Originally Posted by jimb View Post
Hi, I had the same problem. Canola was only detecting one song, and one folder of photos. I tried deleting the canola.db file, and now it's not finding any. Any ideas how I can make it do a rescan?

The bit I saw of the photo browsing is really nice by the way

Does Canola play .m4a files from itunes?
OK, I think I've fixed it now. I converted all the .m4a files to .mp3. Then I deselected all the watched media folders, hit ok, then reselected them. Now it's finding everything fine