Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Syntra: We cannot really modify because the official one can become OK at any time : / and this could break other stuff : /

It really sucks I know, but again : lesson learned we will have our own repo in next releases.

Marcelo

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Syntra: We cannot really modify because the official one can become OK at any time : / and this could break other stuff : /

It really sucks I know, but again : lesson learned we will have our own repo in next releases.

Marcelo
Hi Marcelo.

I know the state of the maemo.org hosted repositories has been shocking the last couple of weeks, but I really believe less repositories is better than more repositories - I hope you will continue to use the standard repositories in future once the infrastructure issues are resolved. I don't think it would be a good ide for your to roll your own repository - it's just not necessary once maemo.org get their act together (a big ask, I know).

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
try this... this issue has been looked at by me and i have a solution that seems to work! go to My post and try this method, all the apps should now install like a breeze

Originally Posted by mich View Post
I got it starting up by creating this link:
Code:
# ln -sf /usr/lib/libevas.so.1 /usr/lib/libevas.so.0
It is not a real solution though, as the result is not without a lot of graphical glitches.

II haII have still no clue as to why I have libevas.so.1 instead of libevas.so.0 in the
first
place.
The correct solution to my problem was to enter red pill mode in the application manager, then to update everything that begins with "libevas". I had "*.maemo1" versions of those, while there were "*.maemo5" ones available.

Shouldn't canola depend on maemo5 when maemo1 does not work?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Mich, weren't you using the keyboard and launcher EFL examples made by Gustavo barbieri?

Br

Marcelo

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Germany
Hi Nokius again

I try all your ways to get canola 2 running.

I get all catalogs from maemo.org noting change

after this i try agen the cahnge to repostory the 2 catalogs nothing change

now i am sad

Maby you know a way to fix my problem my missing things you can find on page 1 of this Thread.
Update now i have install / get all OS 2007 catalogs from http://gronmayer.com/it/index.php?lang=en but canola 2 did not run ;-(
____
all a happy new year and all the best !!!!!!!!!!
Nokius

Last edited by Nokius; 2007-12-31 at 11:10.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Now I know why I love my -always working- BlackBerry so much. This madness with repositories working/not working is driving me nuts! No wonder my N800 is only used to browse the net while in the bathtub... But with the new and -much- slower browser this also isn't a treat.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Germany
Thanks for your help

have fun with your BlackBerry

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by Nokius View Post
Thanks for your help

have fun with your BlackBerry
Sorry that I can't assist you with your problem. I vented my frustration a bit...
A solution might be to downgrade to OS2007. But I don't know if that is acceptable to you.

succes!

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
did u see my post above????? common man if u have os2008 my solution is known to work it has worked for 10+ ppl follow the link to the thread above