Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
lolwhat? In my country summer months are june july and august.

in such way, any month can be summer one to justify the delays let's switch to another calendar, problem solved!
If you live in Lemberg, then summer starts on June 21st and ends on September 21st. But no one really cares if the device is indeed shipped within the 3-month period that was once suggested before the prototyping phase was even over, this is what estimates are for. The device is coming now, which falls exactly in the time frame they announced.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-12 at 13:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
If you live in Lemberg, then summer starts on June 21st and ends on September 21st. But no one really cares if the device is indeed shipped within the 3-month period that was once suggested before the prototyping phase was even over, this is what estimates are for. The device is coming now, which falls exactly in the time frame they announced.
Except it isn't coming this month, and Fxtec/Chen hasn't said anything regarding it yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Except it isn't coming this month
No official word on that.

Fxtec/Chen hasn't said anything regarding it yet.
Exactly

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
Anyway, jokes aside, i would really like to know who is actually interested in this device.
I guess I am somewhat different in that I joined the forum because of the Pro1. I do have an n900 however, but I retired it years ago to go back to a non-smartphone. Later tried to embrace keyboardless Android slabs, bought an e72 way past it's expiry date because I had trouble typing, retired that for another Android because the software soon started to fall apart (protocols changing so I couldn't use the old apps). Never quite got along with touchscreen typing, every so often looked if not I could find a nice qwerty phone, considered buying used xperia mini pro and the likes. Something always felt missing.

Now when I seen a phone is coming that has a keyboard and has otherwise great specs, it's like "FINALLY!!", I must have it! 2-stage camera button is also really nice and seriously adds points for me.

Other OSes working is a bonus too but as much as I dislike it I'm somewhat locked in to Android due to communications apps (telegram, farcebook massager, what is app) and my phone operators dumb app so I am glad it ships with that and probably will just make that work for me by removing some of googles trash and replacing it with less obnoxious stuff, installing a linux chroot so i can have gcc on the phone, etc. I'm not excluding the option to try and make the social trash run on Sailfish or so (if it has a proper web browser most have a webchat thing), but I am not counting on that.

In summary, yeah, it's pretty much just the keyboard, but I'm really excited to be getting one so I wish Chen a good luck and a smooth path to getting them shipped to us soon .

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
No official word on that.

Exactly
https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/p.../2/#post-35804

????

This information is still not officially confirmed yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
well since I've used my N900 for almost 10 years, I had no opportunity to learn fast and errorless typing on touchscreen instead of HWKB. and I even doubt it's even possible.
I've tried to type on them a whole lot, tried many soft keyboards, swipe gesture typing nonsense, I think I've given it a fair chance. And I agree it's probably impossible to type accurately without hardware keys. The only thing I learned in years of trying is that it remains very frustrating, I don't recommend trying it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:

????
Still unofficial, not coming from F(x)tec team or newsletter. Customer support not always got most up to date info.

As far as I understand it, lack of newsletter/communication means that they are still trying to work it out without delays.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

????
You sure did not mix up the shipment for regular sales, which is early October with preorder which is still announced for mid September?

The thread at Fx forum does not make clear what the user asked FX support.
*Feels a little lost in translation*

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
You sure did not mix up the shipment for regular sales, which is early October with preorder which is still announced for mid September?

The thread at Fx forum does not make clear what the user asked FX support.
*Feels a little lost in translation*
/shrug

All I can hope is that the october shipping date is for non-preorderers!

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit