Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
What would you realistically like to see in the N900?
I would like to see PR1.2 "in" my N900 :P

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
a desktop widget that has a live feed on what ebay watched items are doing...same as facebook one that when touched launches the site...

but most of all... the return of upnp media streaming for videos.. broken in pr1.1 and still not fixed! the only reason i even want pr1.2 is to return to the functionality i had in 1.0...

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Florida
FOLDERS! For Apps it would be very nice.

For contacts, I consider it a necessity. Friends, family, girls, work, vacation, medical, projects. All these numbers do NOT need to be searched or browsed as one list. I need my phone to be able to group my contacts as *I* want.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
a better support for mac users :-)

hey we get a flash utility and iSync is also working, that is fine.
but it would be cool to have some way to make use of all the functions of iSync. I mean to use all the power of iSync the N900 had to have Contact groups, calendar groups, all the fields the Apple address book has and some other minor stuff...

and finally... the ability to sync my N900 with my iTunes database (not necessarily with iTunes) would be cool. Not only MP3, but also my podcasts.

Hopefully PR 1.2 would implement full portrait mode on its browser and allow texting in portrait mode also. Other phones such as android and winmo have this feature why not maemo? Maybe its a nokia thing cuz my n97 doesnt have full qwerty text in portrait mode either, and the third part app doesn't work right because it mess up your physical keyboard input.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
- I wish the dashboard supported potrait mode as the browser is supporting one changing browsers via dashboard is quite awkward. I know, than what about other programs? as they are only opening in landscape you can change device orientation for that while in dashboard.
- I wish contacts application would also support automatic orientation.
- When the cursor is activated in browser, I wish I could change cursor position with up, down, left and right keys and click with the Enter key.

I think thats's it coz the others coming in my mind are unrealistic

A decent email client.
Push email done correctly with Imap Idle support.
Unified inbox with multi account exchange support.
Multi alert settings for different email accounts.

Modest sucks and is a weak excuse for an email client on a high end phone.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Portrait Text, at least t9.....

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
The most desired application/addition for me is voice notes attached to pictures when you use the N900 camera. This is available on some cameras (Nikon D3 & old S4) and extremely useful in a variety of situations.

Specifically, I go to a lot of backgammon tournaments and take pictures of some positions (checker play and cube decisions) for later analysis with software. Having the ability to record a quick note about the position, score, my thoughts or final decision would help immensely later while sorting through tens if not hundreds of pictures trying to remember what went on in any particular position. Not to mention having documentation for both sides in propositions/bets.

An enhancement to any of the recording applications that would add a record button to picture options in camera mode or somehow associate the two would be eternally appreciated.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Hasn't this ship sailed?

Shouldn't we be talking about what we want/hope to see in the N910 or N1000 or whatever?

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:

Tags
dpads are fun, ideas, n900, n900 wishlist, revenge of the styli, stuff for nokia to read, the wrath of sty, wishlist