Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
In Xperifirm click Check all at top right and go to Service Exchange Unit 1304-5671 34.0.A.1.264 / R1A

Remember to record exact version if ever intend restoring in future to stock.
Thanks - downgrade completed, TA backed up and bootloader unlocked! SailfishX purchased, read instructions - 'update android before unlocking'

Seems the backup TA windows cmd file has a restore option but the Linux version does not - is there any way to avoid windows and Emma yet?

Edit: Found out if you enable pro mode in XperiaFlashtool you can use it to backup and restore TA, but as I have a .IMG from the script the only option that may work wants me to click twice for each of what looks like hundreds of items and chose between partition 1 or 2 - still quicker than installing windows, if anyone can advise which partition it should be. Seems strange there's a choice...

Last edited by suicidal_orange; 2018-03-03 at 07:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Thanks Niel, that actually looks like what I've done - great to have it all in one place!

In the comments there's a link to a German site which uses TWRP to restore TA, haven't seen that mentioned yet so I'm hopeful. Will try later...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Any flashlight application on the X?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
you don't need to download flashlight app, just set flashlight in a event view settings

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cavalier For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Any flashlight application on the X?
Feathers_McGraw's Hammerhead Torch from the openrepos works. One in Jolla Store doesn't as it hasn't been updated lately.

The difference between versions is that the latest defaults to Gstreamer to control the led.

Personally I like to use app since you can add the flashlight app to the lockscreen as a shortcut.

(I also find it ugly and confusing how SailfishOS has quick controls behind only one of the screens in the carousel, and not both, so I keep those disabled.)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Feathers_McGraw's Hammerhead Torch from the openrepos works. One in Jolla Store doesn't as it hasn't been updated lately.

The difference between versions is that the latest defaults to Gstreamer to control the led.

Personally I like to use app since you can add the flashlight app to the lockscreen as a shortcut.

(I also find it ugly and confusing how SailfishOS has quick controls behind only one of the screens in the carousel, and not both, so I keep those disabled.)
dont quite.get why not just use.the.one.available.in events view.pulley menu?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
yep, but according to mwc2018 screenshots of sfos3, this will be unified finally and quick controls + ambiance switcher will become one.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
dont quite.get why not just use.the.one.available.in events view.pulley menu?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Since SF X uses android's .so's from /odm/lib*, did anybody look into using android's anti-DRM trick via LD_PRELOAD, so camera would be thinking the phone is not unlocked?

PS Seems like updating removed a patch allowing to lower notification volume. Does anybody remember what app from openrepos was that?

Last edited by lantern; 2018-03-06 at 21:20.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your replies, I managed to get a new black xperia and have installed sailfish OS OK. It was a bit frustrating, the driver from the Sony website did not work for me and eventually I found one on a forum that did work.
I am a bit annoyed about the quality of the camera photos tho. I read somewhere that there is no urgency to fix this. As others have stated, there are a basics that should always work well and I would have thought camera would have been one of them, Certainly seems weird they are trying to get this OS out there but they almost seem sluggish to do anything about these issues. I acquired the OS thru a VPN, so normally I wouldn't have access to it. Maybe they have been focusing on Sailfish 3? Hope Sailfish 3 is out asap.
Also I loved the N9, simple system, I get a bit annoyed by pulley menus as it takes extra actions and makes it seem more complicated in my view. It is certainly not as simple and elegant as Meego was, which is a pity.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to datman For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x