Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
Gps is fast
Can you please tell me which application should be used for GPS on the official Xperia X build? I don't see either Jolla maps like with the Jolla C or HereWeGo for Aqua Fish available. Is there an official or recommended GPS/Satnav app?

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulwk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by virgi26 View Post
it's ridiculous! 4 hours and android still installing uptdates o_O
If you read the unofficial linux guide, there's a link to the latest firmware, that you can download and flash yourself.

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...2&goto=newpost

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Hello,
I would appreciate some clarification, before I upgrade my X.
Just downloaded the SF zip file and getting ready to update my F5121, which was previously bootloader unlocked (code from Sony). Currently, the phone is running Android 6.0.1 (marshmallow). My questions are:
1. Do I need to upgrade to Android 34.3.A.0.228 first, as per SF upgrade guide, or I can just flash SF image, using fastboot command (under Win 7) over the AOS 6.0.1?
2. If Android needs to be upgraded to 34.3.X.Y.Z first, can I use an Androxyde tool, instead of EMMA tool, as I already used the first one to flash MM 6.0.1?
3. Is it a good idea to create a recovery partition (TWRP) on the phone, prior to flashing anything? Will it persist over 34.3.X.Y.Z/SFOS flashing?
Many thanks for your help.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nupdyxa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by nupdyxa View Post
Hello,
I would appreciate some clarification, before I upgrade my X.
Just downloaded the SF zip file and getting ready to update my F5121, which was previously bootloader unlocked (code from Sony). Currently, the phone is running Android 6.0.1 (marshmallow). My questions are:
1. Do I need to upgrade to Android 34.3.A.0.228 first, as per SF upgrade guide, or I can just flash SF image, using fastboot command (under Win 7) over the AOS 6.0.1?
2. If Android needs to be upgraded to 34.3.X.Y.Z first, can I use an Androxyde tool, instead of EMMA tool, as I already used the first one to flash MM 6.0.1?
3. Is it a good idea to create a recovery partition (TWRP) on the phone, prior to flashing anything? Will it persist over 34.3.X.Y.Z/SFOS flashing?
Many thanks for your help.
I can't answer all your questions, but I was at the MM 6.0.1 stage and tried Flashtool to 34.3.A.0.228, but just before flashing it said something was missing, RESET-NON-SECURE-ADB data not in script, do you want to continue Y/N. So I stopped there. I have now unlocked bootloader and using Emma to update to 34.3.A.0.228, though it only offered me Nordic version, but I assume this doesn't matter, I hope.

Last edited by richie; 2017-10-12 at 16:51. Reason: added missing "RESET-NON-SECURE-ADB"

The Following User Says Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
2. Does camera hardware button work?
It works. But perhaps not how you or I would want to. If you have the camera application on screen, pressing the hardware button takes a picture. But if you don't have the camera application active on screen it does nothing.

So depending on your needs, yes or no.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Hi all

Did anyone get this message during flashing of Sailfish

"The system cannot find the drive specified."

What does it mean?

Rich

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Hi all

Did anyone get this message during flashing of Sailfish

"The system cannot find the drive specified."

What does it mean?

Rich
Hapenned to me but i ignored. Something weird that happen when I hear a voice message from Whatsapp is that vibrates constantly, is it a know bug? Someone face this too?

Enviado desde Sailfish OS desde mi Xperia X

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Whilst trying to understand message "The system cannot find the drive specified" (I think it is from windows), I spotted other devices mentioned in windows script,

echo Searching a device with vendor id '%vendorid%'..

:: Ensure that we are flashing right device
:: F5121 - Xperia X
:: F5122 - Xperia X Dual SIM
:: F5321 - Xperia X Compact

Last edited by richie; 2017-10-12 at 00:32. Reason: blamed fastboot, likely windows issue with not finding "the drive"

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
It works. But perhaps not how you or I would want to. If you have the camera application on screen, pressing the hardware button takes a picture. But if you don't have the camera application active on screen it does nothing.

So depending on your needs, yes or no.
I think Android behaved in the same way too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Sweet, I got it purchased (in US, that was a debacle!) and downloaded. Running the Emma junk now because mine came with the old OS. Had already flashed the community build before. We'll see how it goes!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x