Why this topic is?

Becouse:

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
information from first hand: they will not make a keyboard. not now, not after open letter. no manpower, no priority.
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post

I'm sorry for new post in this topic
May be, dirkvl unwind some time, and try assemble new keyboards with another tempo and another price?

For example, two queue:

1) one keyboard per week, pricing $250 (who want wait less 2 mounths, use this option)
2) one keyboard per mounth, pricing $150 (who student without good work, waiting some of mounths, or year)

?

I think, will be more whanters, and dirkvl has additional money in his budget ^_^
this seems like a perfect example of something you would ask over a PM.

also, no.

no. no no

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/49214712.jpg

http://vamosalcine.com.ar/wp-content...solo-video.jpg
=========================================
As you can see here nor dirkvl neither Jolla will create another batch of hardware keyboards.

This thread is an attempt to gather all interested people so that maybe, after seeing enough interest, another hardware hacker will take on the job of producing more keyboards, using dirkvl's design.

I'm also suggesting allocating a small percentage of the gathered money as a donation to dirkvl, as without his initial work this would never be possible

Please post in this topic information with this template:

<template>
nick(or name/surname):
forum nickname:
working e-mail:
max price to fast queue:
max price to slow queue :
date of pre-order:
actual time of buy other Half:
election. % of summary order donate to dirkvl:
additional info:
</template>

Example:

<example>
nick(or name/surname): Jane Smith
forum nickname: jane12345678
working e-mail: j dot smith at bestcorp dot au
max price to fast queue: $350
max price to slow queue : $350
date of pre-order: Thu May 1 15:20:57 UTC 2014
actual time of buy other Half: + 6 mounth
election. % of summary order donate to dirkvl: 5%
additional info: this device very needed for me, I want buy it in all queue, but no more $350. After 6 mounth I will get tired wait, will cry and will migration to android or iPhone!
</example>
====================

Actual wanters:

nick(or name/surname): szopin
forum nickname: szopin
working e-mail: forum PM
max price to fast queue: $250
max price to slow queue : $100
date of pre-order: Thu May 1
actual time of buy other Half: + few mounth
election. % of summary order donate to dirkvl: ?
additional info:

nick(or name/surname): Xeniya L.
forum nickname: sHaggY_caT
working e-mail: xusha dot msk at gmail dot com
max price to fast queue: $250
max price to slow queue : $250
date of pre-order: Thu May 1 16:17:21 MSK 2014
actual time of buy other Half: + 8 mounth
election. % of summary order donate to dirkvl: 5%
additional info: I try coordinate this order, but my English is not very well, if will be any candidate, with good reputation in community will be best, I think, he is better choice to have talks to hardware hacker, take money, and else. If it will be I, I send links to all wanters to my pages in social networks and IRL name/surname.

nick(or name/surname): ?
forum nickname: qwazix
working e-mail: ?
max price to fast queue: ?
max price to slow queue : ?
date of pre-order: ?
actual time of buy other Half: ?
additional info: ?

nick(or name/surname): ?
forum nickname: mscion
working e-mail: ?
max price to fast queue: ?
max price to slow queue : ?
date of pre-order: ?
actual time of buy other Half: ?
additional info: ?

Last edited by sHaggY_caT; 2014-05-01 at 14:55. Reason: one send better text of this topic

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sHaggY_caT For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I think the language barrier has caused a misunderstanding. sHaggY_caT is trying to crowdfund another batch of keyboards by someone who might be interested if he sees there is potential, by re-using dirkvl's work, which in itself I think is a noble cause.

He was also kind enough to allocate a small part of the would-be-funds as a donation to the original creator of the keyboard as a thank you gesture.

So, I too declare my interest here, and hope that total interested people are enough for someone to step up and start producing more keyboards.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I think the language barrier has caused a misunderstanding. sHaggY_caT is trying to crowdfund another batch of keyboards by someone who might be interested if he sees there is potential, by re-using dirkvl's work, which in itself I think is a noble cause.

He was also kind enough to allocate a small part of the would-be-funds as a donation to the original creator of the keyboard as a thank you gesture.

So, I too declare my interest here, and hope that total interested people are enough for someone to step up and start producing more keyboards.
Yes, it is correctly. If you want be coordinator of this project, it will be best.

Or I can be coordinator temporary.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I think it's a "she" (but let's use "they" as it's the English way of hacking the lack of genderless pronouns), and I'm not sure whether TMO is the right place to crowdfund anything.

Please not talk about me
I think it is bad idea. I can send link to my profile in social networks, if you don't send it to another or public here.

This forum can be start platform to crowdfund: we can search here coordinator (i think, me is bad idea, becouse languge barier), and find engeener.

After we find they, we are can start craudsorsing program on special site.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I think it's a "she" (but let's use "they" as it's the English way of hacking the lack of genderless pronouns), and I'm not sure whether TMO is the right place to crowdfund anything.
Why not? First project was birthed here, there are people with knowhow. Might be interested in backup kb

EDIT: second batch would kill 250$+ prices on ebay though

If i will be last in queue, are you deleting all your posts in this topic?

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Poor girl, you can now see why this community is getting smaller and smaller

Ok, sign me up for a 100$, if material availability isn't a problem someone with access to 3d printer should be able to convert 1->2$, with 250$ price more like 1-5

Wanters, please use template: is much chaos in this topic.
We need try reduce it.

Tags
jolla, other half, qwerty, the other half