Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
... It's in the hands of the banks as of this morning (in EST time) if this goes to the right place. ...
And I did indeed get a confirmation email that the transaction made it through. It was stripped of 20-30 EUR in the process by some unknown intermediary fees, but still, made it through none-the-less. Thus concludes the thrilling saga of Mentalist Traceur donating money to the Neo900 project.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
"I know there been a lot of questions about OMAP3 SoC, and possible replacements, but here is another one

Since I can't find nothing on your "Technical Feasibility Study" about possibility for Intel SoC like this, I'm asking it here.
Is it possible to port Fremantle from SDK Images or use something like Intel's Houdini libraries to translate ARM code, and use x86 SoC?"

It's not just & only about porting Fremantle, we are also trying to be 100% compatible with maemo-repos & N900.
So Intel SoC is 100% unrealistic, at least in Neo900v1 - N900 compatible one.

But maybe one day

#lexik

Last edited by lexik; 2014-01-23 at 18:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lexik For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Isn't everything in fremantle already both arm and i386? Though there might be a problem if it uses a PowerVR graphics chip since there are no FOSS or even binary i386 drivers.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Isn't everything in fremantle already both arm and i386? Though there might be a problem if it uses a PowerVR graphics chip since there are no FOSS or even binary i386 drivers.
Not... yet: http://powervr.gnu.org.ve

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Who the hell deleted the posts just now ? Or moved so where ? Miserable !

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Who the hell deleted the posts just now ? Or moved so where ? Miserable !
The Neo900 subforum is a good place to look at when something is moved: http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=57

I suppose you're talking about this discussion: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92534

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Do you have any plans to hold a presentation at "Linux Tag" in Berlin from 8th to 10th of may?
One of the topics is "Protect yourself: Security after Snowden" [1] and especially after the recent privacy discussion here I could imagine the Neo900 to fit that topic.

[1] http://www.linuxtag.org/2014/en/#security

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Some kind of low fq radio communicatin should be in neo900 if possible legaly or specialy for people who certify for that or else i have a feeling its a same obscure cellular device going down as the network gives up

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Why people think imei changing help anynomity ? Then the world would have been a decent place as imei changing is too easy for most devices except the bb5 and some obscure mordems where its a bit hard. We should be focusing more on user data privacy not gsm data as gsm is always compromised as its ment to be whatever yo do as you cant be sure if you type google.com and you see a secure google page as the operater can always have a fake dns server which filters extracts the data before its even sent to actual google.com . W

i wonder whether the neo900 will beat the north-american-jolla.

Tags
neo900, thank you!