Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Look where you're wrong; first of all, you said it isn't smooth, and not smooth=laggy. And then you denied it. Other than that, you said it has the worst browser. But in fact, the browser was never shown How can you judge by just looking at the icon? And please show me the email client if you've seen it..
Nahh, here as I said early, Lumiaman is one crazy fanboy. He just have a look @ some pictures and he already knows the back-end programming and how it will run. In N900 the stock browser was epic. It loads the FULL web page, not a mobile version. If you want to get to the mobile page without changing settings you just download opera. With both browsers the internet experience was fine (except for some outdated plugins like flash, JS, etc.).

P.S. Just to leave a final conclusion. Lumiaman is just a stupid kid praising maybe his new lumia phone, and I am here to comment on the success rate of the new Jolla project on the current market. I have nothing against linux (I love it), I have nothing against Jolla (as a newborn company), I was just commenting that a newborn company, that is going to work with a no-name chinese company for hardware isn't going to be a success on the current market. People started looking just for NAMES, because the no-name companies started building bad cheap stuff and customers started running away from them. Let's say there is no Nokia and no Jolla (so no fanboyism when answering this question). What would you buy a SONY device or a Syng-YianMio Electronics device. What would you trust to buy? Knowing that both have the same OS (this is to exclude the OS fanboys)

Answer me this, and then you will see my point of vew!

Last edited by TheoX; 2013-07-02 at 18:25.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Sorry to tell you, but WP8 is the best touchscreen experience on Nokia phones.
please tell me more about how wp is better and better and symbian/maemo/meego fails.

you just repeat yourself like the other paid wp advocates in other forums. it's the same bull**** over and over...

Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
please tell me more about how wp is better and better and symbian/maemo/meego fails.

you just repeat yourself like the other paid wp advocates in other forums. it's the same bull**** over and over...
Leave him alone, he is just... SPECIAL . Okay about this, WP provides a good touch experience because the OS GUI is very simple, you swipe down to see the desktop and left for the drawer. That's a good and simple experience. On android you have the launcher with different screens with a drawer and much more (maybe this is what's bothering him?)

And you can't compare the 2009 resistive touchscreen experience with the 2013 capacitive touchscreen experience. If you do that, you must be ******ed and not think straight!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Answer me this, and then you will see my point of vew!
The Sony.. Never heard of the other one

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Sorry to tell you, but WP8 is the best touchscreen experience on Nokia phones. N9 and N8 were fail, N900 not a touchscreen in terms of usability. The current lumias are so much more functional than N9 or other N devices
You're hilarious btw.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

You're hilarious btw.
+1. How can you say that? HOW. When the N900 touch is fluid and responsive.

The Sony.. Never heard of the other one
The other one was an invented name, just to show you my point. Why are you going to buy this Jolla, since you have no idea where the hardware is produced? My idea would be that Jolla should join XDA forums and stard to build cutom Jolla for EXISTENT DEVICES first.

After people test it, and maybe like it or dislike it, they can have a chance to get a contract with Samsung, maybe HTC, maybe Motorola, or maybe WITH NOKIA again!

What they are doing is VERY BAD MARKETING! Launch a new unknown product, and expect that masses are going to buy them!

-"Look a Jolla phone!"
-"What is that, no, I'm going to stick with the big brands"

This would be a dialogue if they see a Jolla without tesing.

-"Look a Jolla phone"
-"Yeah I had that OS on my Samsung device, and I heard this is a more open than my Samsung, I will get this soon!"

And this will be a dialogue between 2 persons that really tested the OS, and that are waiting for dedicated hardware for that software!

Last edited by TheoX; 2013-07-02 at 18:59.

Well if you never support this brand, they'll never succeed. All companies start like that, but their work and dedication decide whether they're going to be big or not. Microsoft started off like this, Google started off like this, even Apple.
These people were ex Nokia developers, they went away and opened their own company. If they believe they can do it, then we'll support them to reach their dream. Every person deserves to follow his dream, right? We're just trying to make it happen not more, because we believe that there is a hidden talent in these guys that Elop has never realized or gave them the chance to show it. But we will, we will support them until they reach the high level, unless they decide to go the wrong way like Elop did. Do you see anything wrong in this now?

Well if you never support this brand, they'll never succeed. All companies start like that, but their work and dedication decide whether they're going to be big or not. Microsoft started off like this, Google started off like this, even Apple.
These people were ex Nokia developers, they went away and opened their own company. If they believe they can do it, then we'll support them to reach their dream. Every person deserves to follow his dream, right? We're just trying to make it happen not more, because we believe that there is a hidden talent in these guys that Elop has never realized or gave them the chance to show it. But we will, we will support them until they reach the high level, unless they decide to go the wrong way like Elop did. Do you see anything wrong in this now?
Yes, I see somthing wrong. They started this long ago so TIME itself and product quality make their name rise up. For me, if that company have a good history, I was pleased with every device but the last one FAILS me, I loose ALL MY TRUST in that company.

Think of this, jolla is collaborating with a no-name company for the hardware, if that hardware is bad who is going down, the hardware company or the Jolla company?

Microsoft until 2012 NEVER had a device built for their software, Windows collaborated with HTC, SAMSUNG, and SONY ERICSSON.

Google still don't have any proprietary device.

Apple have something unique (and BlackBerry), they have both, the OS and a locked device.

So the best marketing is Google's and Microsoft's because: Don't blame our software, blame the hardware, that is bad!

You do realize that this phone is still a prototype and not final, right? There are a lot of changes that will be made later to this phone according to the community's feedback to Jolla. Don't judge the hardware now, there might be changes.

You do realize that this phone is still a prototype and not final, right? There are a lot of changes that will be made later to this phone according to the community's feedback to Jolla. Don't judge the hardware now, there might be changes.
I am, because not Jolla is building the hardware, but a no-name chinese factory. I saw some specs, and after seeing some fake iphones, I lol'd a bit and then I felt sorry for Jolla.

Closed Thread