Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Hey everyone. It's been 2 days since I've been here. I read every single post and I have to add the following.

I don't want to cheat in computer science. I go to a computer science college to learn about computer science, but it seems that I have to pass a year with all the useless courses like graphics (autocad), like countless types of math and the most annoying of all... a course about culture and civilization around the world... Those useless things I need to pass, especially math...

Even since I started programming various devices or make some Windows apps or making a website (php), I managed to bypass the mathematical methods and do it my way. I need to pass this 1st year to get to the real deal (I hope, I really hope that starting with the 2nd year we can get to the real deal).

Let me tell you something. I do this because I want to learn to program, I want to learn how to be efficient, I want to learn COMPUTER SCIENCE, not about dead people and how to draw in autocad a part (I don't really know what that is, but looks like a piece of pipe - posted in off topic the project) of a TOILET OR A SINK...

Now, I saw some users that want to make donations. I don't know what to say about that... Thank yo guys, but I don't know if it's okay... It's pretty expensive, and you work hard for that money, why give it to a stranger on the internet?

About the soldering... Look, my idea was this. This is the chip, the chip is made out of ceramic, ceramic is a good heat conductor, heated up, it would conduct heat to the connections, heat them enough to liquify the soldering paste, everything will connect back, and the phone would work perfect. THAT WAS MY PLAN... And now I regret it, but it was the final solution, the gsm wouldn't work at all... At that moment, it seemed like a good idea, and seeing that another user did this and he was running smooth for 3 weeks and counting made me do it. I'm sorry if I offended you by doing this brutal thing.

About my ideeas, I have lots, that's how I do most of my projects... I have an idea, I try it, if I fail, that's ok, if I do it, I am a genius.

Also I didn't make this post to complain, I made this post to find out what I did wrong, maybe find out a fix (since some of the people here like my work) so I can continue the work.

--------Non english, please ignore-------

Frate, de pe Okazii le-am luat pe amandoua, si fiecare din ele a avut cate 1 din probleme majore... Tu crezi ca mai am incredere, mai ales in unu' care il vinde la banii aia? Hai sa fim seriosi, ala sigur e bubuit si forjat saracu'...

------Non english end---------

I hope I covered all your questions. Hope you have a great day!

If the OP is representative of a contemporary computer science student, we're doomed.

Math is useless for CS? Countless people just rolled over in their graves.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
TheoX, Math is far from being useless. LOL.

It's good that you don't want us to donate to you (a stranger), but you need to be more open minded about what you should learn. It's good to get a rounded education (even culture) because it gives you a broader view of the world.

As far as ceramic being a good conductor of heat... tell that to the Space Shuttle engineers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
chip is made out of ceramic, ceramic is a good heat conductor
Da what? Since when ceramic is a good heat conductor? Haven't you ever feel something different, while holding ~90C degrees tea in ceramic cup, as opposed to metal one?

I guess, that physic was also amongst "useless" things you had to learn about, eh?

And BTW, who told you that it is ceramic, at all?

As for other things, the...

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
If the OP is representative of a contemporary computer science student, we're doomed.
Pretty sums it up. Leaving math alone, the "autocad is useless for a computer science student" part also makes many people to turn in their graves Well, maybe we've just seen a born of another "who need that feature" corporation CEO...

RIP that thread, it starts to look more and more like a kind of reality show.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Da what? Since when ceramic is a good heat conductor? Haven't you ever feel something different, while holding ~90C degrees tea in ceramic cup, as opposed to metal one?

I guess, that physic was also amongst "useless" things you had to learn about, eh?

And BTW, who told you that it is ceramic, at all?

As for other things, the...

Pretty sums it up. Leaving math alone, the "autocad is useless for a computer science student" part also makes many people to turn in their graves Well, maybe we've just seen a born of another "who need that feature" corporation CEO...

RIP that thread, it starts to look more and more like a kind of reality show.

/Estel
You know what, you're all right. I had a rough period, and the last drop was my N900 dying. I wasn't thinking straight, and for me it seemed everybody is against me and my thoughts. NO! F*ck that. I really need all those things, for only one reason, you don't know when you're going to get hit by a chance to use them. As for the Autocad, even if I'm only a beginner, I know how to do something, but that 3D was overwhelming, until guys explaining things, more or less they way that all of you did, made me realize some things. I need everything, more or less. Maybe I am going to learn something now, and maybe I am going to use it again in 20-30 years, and it will be much easier to use it if I learn it now, than to do research then.

As for the chip, ok, there my mistake was of saying it's made out of ceramic. Well, it's not, but with my knowledge, I knew that the chip is made out of a material that will act more or less like a heat sink for easy cooling, so i would heat it on the top surface, the heat gets transmitted to the pins and fix them.

I am sorry for my immature acting, I am really sorry. Now, If I got back (i think) to my mature self, can we talk about how can I fix that?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I am sorry for my immature acting, I am really sorry. Now, If I got back (i think) to my mature self, can we talk about how can I fix that?
As far as I am concerned, you have fixed it by the above statement.

Unless you are talking about the phone that you ****ed up with the soldering iron.
That one is ****up up for good, I'm afraid

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
As far as I am concerned, you have fixed it by the above statement.

Unless you are talking about the phone that you ****ed up with the soldering iron.
That one is ****up up for good, I'm afraid
I will not give up on it... NEVER... I now own a SGS1, and it's a powerful device, slim, slick, nice, quite fast... BUT IT'S NOT MY N900. The N900 was love at the 1st sight, and no other device can do that to me...

I am going to have patience, maybe an opportunity to fix it will appear. And if somebody wants to donate something, like some users wanted, don't donate money, donate a functional motherboard form a damaged N900, that's the most you can help me.

Right now, I can't invest anymore money into fixing that N900, because, as much as I am in love with it, the sound system in my car broke down (time [+6years] + heat [6 very hot summers] - no this time I didn't use the soldering iron = membrane on allmost all speakers membrane broke) so I have to change them, so this is a priority now . But the N900 won't be forgotten.

You know what, you're all right. I had a rough period, and the last drop was my N900 dying. I wasn't thinking straight, and for me it seemed everybody is against me and my thoughts. NO! F*ck that. I really need all those things, for only one reason, you don't know when you're going to get hit by a chance to use them. As for the Autocad, even if I'm only a beginner, I know how to do something, but that 3D was overwhelming, until guys explaining things, more or less they way that all of you did, made me realize some things. I need everything, more or less. Maybe I am going to learn something now, and maybe I am going to use it again in 20-30 years, and it will be much easier to use it if I learn it now, than to do research then.

As for the chip, ok, there my mistake was of saying it's made out of ceramic. Well, it's not, but with my knowledge, I knew that the chip is made out of a material that will act more or less like a heat sink for easy cooling, so i would heat it on the top surface, the heat gets transmitted to the pins and fix them.

Good for you. Not all people can rectify and even admit any type of responsibility, but you passed that test.

About learning "useless" things. Nothing is useless if you enjoy it, and if you get something out of it. What you get out of it could be immediate (or short term) practical use, or it could be a less concrete payoff, like personal betterment. The fact is that just by learning anything you are doing your brain a favor. And as a matter of fact, the brain improves from learning diverse things.

Like a wise being once said, "learn you must, young Jedi, but impatience good for you is not". Don't be impatient, enjoy the ride, and don't think about the learning process as a means to a destination, but as the destination itself.

P.S,.: Sorry for my very poor impression of Yoda. </Hangs head in shame>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
And then again sorry for your loss and my post.
I wish I could donate but my N900 is dead too and I'm broke..So I kinda know how that feels..

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
(...) take care of my car (thank god that's the only thing that's 6 years old and didn't require any repair by now) (...)
I have to ask (great story by the way) how You can manage to have '07 car and don't have few bucks to buy or repair N900 ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:

Tags
what a tool