Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
waited over a year for no tablet - and then the same again for potential refund?
inspires confidence!

-Coley.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Refunds.

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-closure/
I have been silently following the discussion in this thread so before all the "Oh, finally!", "Some info at last!", "What took them so long?" etc. comments come, let me ask one question I have been meaning to ask over the last few weeks:

How is this information any different than what was said in the Blog from 18th of December and Blog from 31st of December and Antti Saarnio's comments in the community meeting in December?

Wasn't it very clear from those posts that if Jolla survives, then they will either ship or refund the tablets?

I never understood how after the New Years Eve blog post, people were reacting very negatively, shouting nonsense about a fraud (Hi, Dave), even if it only confirmed the positive news from Dec 18th. And how on earth was this pointless discussion (which I am now contributing to) still going on was way over my head

To be honest, I am glad that the tablet episode is over - not because of those few bucks, but because of how well it showed toxicity in the 'community'. Sometimes it is better not to see that.

"Ship remaining Tablets to Indiegogo backers: we will ship 540 units as soon as we can starting from February."

Sadly, No tablet for me. I was about order 1022 I think - so refund some time.

Closure

Sad Day

Off to look for a new tablet.....

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Now we can countdown to shipment! Again

I rather take refund though.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Refunds.

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-closure/
Great! Brought back some of my trust for the company. But of course they are still not in the clear yet, like the blog post mentions.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post

How is this information any different than what was said in the Blog from 18th of December and Blog from 31st of December and Antti Saarnio's comments in the community meeting in December?

Wasn't it very clear from those posts that if Jolla survives, then they will either ship or refund the tablets?
Nope, not clear. If they will not promise that clearly, written down in words, or said out loud, then it's not clear. It's just optimistic speculation.

And not to mention the fact that indie gogo funds were donations, so they legally could have said "No refunds, it was a donation". Well judging at least from what I understood from earlier posts.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I would say that this time they at least did the effort and salute for that. (no sarcasm here)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Now we can countdown to shipment! Again

I rather take refund though.
Hey Dave. Maybe the refund will arrive just in time for you to purchase your new tablet!

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/27/a...nt-ipad-rumor/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Clear information and confirmed end to this situation... I can live with that.

For those of us who still want a tablet, should we organise a group buy of some intel tablet and port sailfish to it?

the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 or another cheap Win10 Intel Tablet come to mind as a slightly more up to date but basically JTablike in spec.

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2016-01-28 at 15:53.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund