Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
This is already possible. I have several contacts with two or three "Web page" fields.
Oh, yes. You're right.

I've tested a lot. You can add more than one "Web page". Yes, okay. But only a Single Note.

I have added a new Bug report for the Description problem. It would solve several other problems. So, feel free to vote for: 6083

Thinking about it, I like Helmuth's idea of tag clouds for contacts, if you can also use those tag clouds as a way of controlling when you get alerted - for example tagging a period in the calendar so that only contacts with a 'family' tag will make the call ring.

The one problem with that is that if (as I do) you want certain times every day limited to family callers, then you probably need a 'profile' or some other screen to set those, otherwise the calendar might potentially get crowded with entries that do nothing other than control what calls you get.

It would, though, be useful to be able to add multiple options to contacts, so there could be some clients I am happy to hear from outside office hours, but still have the 'work' ringtone, so I know when I hear it that it's not going to be friends or family, and I can act sober when I answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to nwhitfield For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

found some minutes and added in the different ideas for the "grouping of contacts" I found in here at the brainstorm page.

I've also noticed there is a very similar request in the bugzilla for this at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5356

HIH

Last edited by Saturn; 2009-11-19 at 23:08. Reason: added link

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
just wondering if any of the maemo developers can develop an app for this?
im using HandyBlacklist on S60.

Features such as : Block Private Numbers, Unknown Numbers(those which arent stored in your phonebook) Select numbers from Contacts, Allow list(rejects all other calls except this list) should be implemented in the application.
So anyone up to it developing such?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bahrain
how about a predictive dialer, similar to Winmo?
using the dial pad to enter the first numbers of the mobile phone or T9 to pick up names.

The Following User Says Thank You to agogo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
how about a predictive dialer, similar to Winmo?
using the dial pad to enter the first numbers of the mobile phone or T9 to pick up names.
My SE does that. Oddly, I find it really aggravating! (Maybe I don't like my phone knowing who I'm calling?)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
(starts dialling) 5-5-5-...
(phone interrupts) "Oooh, calling that guy again, I see. You like the look of him, don't you? Mmm-hmm. But he's no good for you, girl. You leave him alone... What about that nice fellow at your office? You know, the one who called you yesterday at 6:24 and talked with you for 8 minutes and 54 seconds?"
(phone owner) "Arrgh! Mom! I curse the day you got your CompSci degree!"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by qole View Post
(starts dialling) 5-5-5-...
(phone interrupts) "Oooh, calling that guy again, I see. You like the look of him, don't you? Mmm-hmm. But he's no good for you, girl. You leave him alone... What about that nice fellow at your office? You know, the one who called you yesterday at 6:24 and talked with you for 8 minutes and 54 seconds?"
(phone owner) "Arrgh! Mom! I curse the day you got your CompSci degree!"
Yeah, that's exactly it. Well, no actually it's the thought that it may know confidential NHS information like clients' phone numbers (I should be using my NHS phone, I know...)

My n95 would happily let me dial, and then tell me who I'd dialled so I could see I'd dialled right. For some reaon, I never minded that.

BTW, a few folks donw in the crazy world that the n900 forum has become have some compaints about phone functions - I pointed them here.

Personally, I like N900 as an Internet device, but the phone/contacts seems to be a bit lacking.

Besides the things already previously mentioned (contact groups, profiles with custom ring tone / ring group settings, contact/group-based ringtone setting, perhaps the ability of automatically change profiles based on time or calendar entries), I'd also like to see few other related features:

• The possibility of also defining special IM permissions to profiles ("only IM/SMS messages from the members in groups VIP + Work will play a tone")
  • "Smart groups" that are automatically populated & updated based on one-or-more user-defined criteria. For example, group Work could contain all people where Company contains "Example Ltd"
  • Contact/group-based IM/SMS ring tones

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juhas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Robert, part of the problem is that this subforum is specific to Brainstorming, not requests or even simple suggestions. I am merging your thread with an existing phone improvement Brainstorm topic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: