Active Topics

Does anyone here think that N95 8g speakers are louder than the N900's in terms or ring tones, alarms, etc or is it just me?

And is there a way to make the N900 speakers as loud?

Thanks!

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
N95 8GB is louder but it has poor sound quality, compared to N900.

I prefer the n95 8gb loudspeakers over the n900's its louder and imo sounds better more fuller. The n95 8gb sound quality when listening to a headset doesnt come close to the n900s though.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
I had the N95 8GB for 18 months and have just upgraded to the N900

I connect my mobile phone to my car stereo to save rooting round for discs and i have found that the audio out on the N900 is superior to the N95 8GB ... the N900 sounds so much better in my car.
The N95 8Gb stereo speakers built into the phone were a bit better than the N900's
so in a nutshel hihai411 & Blinde "I concur"

Oh and a way to make the audio louder is to use a program like 'cool edit' to increase the volume of the actual .mp3 files but you will lose some quality 'out of range' when you save.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
N900 has MUCH better sound quality out of the 3.5mm socket than N95 8GB.
BUT has no equalizer. Seriously, it better come with one soon or it's just not good enough.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-01-12 at 11:48.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
BUT has no equalizer. Seriously, it better come with one soon or it's just not good enough.
You can make an equalizer for pulseaudio. It should be pretty easy, though it takes significantly more CPU power to do that.

N95 8GB is louder, but N900 has a nicer sound I think. I'll test this later.

the n95 is a whole lot louder, even the n96 was louder and that had better sound quality.To be honest I'm really disappointed with the sound quality of the n900 even if they implemented a equalizer(that I hope will come soon) I think it would be no good, I think that each individual speaker is more powerful than the other two phones but they are poorly situated.
But come on the overall device is well worth it.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
N95 8GB is definitely louder through the built in speakers but N900 seems like it has better quality through headphones. I'm listening to the same library "volume leveled" with media monkey. Well I'm getting those portable x-mini max 2 speakers any day in the mail now so soon it won't matter. I'll probably get the beambox pico projector too and play angry birds in the lunchroom at work.
I'll have big screen and big sound, portable.