Notices

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Looks like another great 3D game will soon come to Maemo, according to a twit by our beloved Peter@Marketing
"Demoing Firefox on N900, RollerCoasterJurassic, and Angrybirds on #N900 at #NokiaMWC"

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Yeah I saw that - very interesting.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

well hurray up already.....I'll be getting the n1000 before this comes out

The Following User Says Thank You to janszoon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
The new games are waiting on the new Ovi store which WAS supposed to launch in April according Digital Chocolate:

"
+ Digital Chocolate: 4 Million Downloads on Nokia’s Ovi Store

07 April 2010

Digital Chocolate also announced that the company will soon bring Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush™, a top-selling franchise, to the acclaimed Maemo based Nokia N900. Digital Chocolate has added special OpenGL ES 2.0 3D graphics to optimize Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush for the Nokia N900’s large WVGA touch screen making it the one of the best looking games available on any mobile platform. The game leverages the Nokia N900’s accelerometer feature allowing players to easily accelerate and brake by tilting the device to make the carts go faster and slower. The game also features a two-player multiplayer mode over Bluetooth. Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush will become available for download in the Ovi Store in April."

http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/01..._ovi_store.htm

Oh well, they only have a few more US hours of April left to meet their target launch.....

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
still waiting for this.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Me too. I try to keep a cash reserve for games downloads, lately it has been used to buy Genesis and Super Nintendo carts. Oh well, I hope that the new Ovi store will come soon. I am anticipating that more than PR1.2

Last edited by Deaconclgi; 2010-05-18 at 03:21.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
I am anticipating that more than PR1.2
yeah me to!

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
5 months later.

Oh Nokia oh Nokia what drugs are you guys taking???

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
It's funny because I am always checking the ovi store for this game. Pretty much daily.

Pretty same here.. log on to Ovi store almost everyday 4-5 times & check if the game is available..

I guess Nokia deserves the punishment of loosing market share.. It advertises games for N900 and even after 6-7months, it is not releasing the game..

Its high time Nokia does something about this & release apps & games, perhaps before any other Mobile company does rather than vice-a-versa..

The Following User Says Thank You to vivek5000 For This Useful Post: