Notices

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Feature request:

Save phone calls files in same format as recorder - [caller number]_[call start time]_[call end time].
Wasn't it already decided, that best way would be to give user a customizable naming string?

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, sorry, this hasn't really been my week. I really haven't been doing a lot of coding; hopefully, I'll get back to the good stuff this weekend.
Man, you have been away for few days. With some programs, we're happy to see bugfixes (let alone features) once for every few months (or years, see TxPad).

Get a break, no need to apologize! You're still developing in awesome rate.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Leave the desk take a deep breath and meditate pls

Last edited by nokiabot; 2013-09-02 at 05:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Sir, it looks like You have been allowed to have holidays That's hilarious. But to be fair, if You into something You like, from time to time it's good to take advice from others and take break - apps are not rabbits, won't run away

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Great work on this project!

I'll be making some WAV test recordings in the coming days.

The date and time stamp would be really helpful in the filename especially when a lot of record events are taking place.

While the application loads quickly, a desktop record widget would be great for those spontaneous recordings.

Although this may be more advanced, it would be ideal to be able to set the input record levels with the volume rocker or otherwise. In dream land that would include monitoring and level setting with something like VU Meter.

Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I am not recording my calls but I was thinking that if I ever needed to I would want to record specific callers. So a contact black-whitelist might be useful. Don't take this as a feature request though, it's just an idea.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I am not recording my calls but I was thinking that if I ever needed to I would want to record specific callers. So a contact black-whitelist might be useful. Don't take this as a feature request though, it's just an idea.
I think this is actually a brilliant idea. I've never ever recorded a phone call. But if I could go back in time I would have recorded a couple of them

(but I still try to do everything by e-mail, the written record is much clearer..)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
i am recording all my calls
i must say - i used the annoying recaller application for a long time in which hildon desktop used to get stuck and the sound quality was bad if the volume was more than 50%.

i've been using Orecchiette for a few days now as a subtitute (totally disabling recaller) and i have one word to say - WOW!!!!!

The quality is amazing - no matter what the volume level is, there are no noises during the call and the UI is rock stable now.

is it possible to make the recorder as a daemon running in the background instead of an application with UI? i want it constantly enabled and recording the calls.

GREAT WORK!!! this was one of of a few issues i have left with this amazing device - Thanks!.

a word for improvement other than the daemon mode - save the files with phone number + time of call (start-end) - i might have asked this before but can't remember

Last edited by impeham; 2013-07-01 at 14:59.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Man, You didn't even get to second page of the thread, where You can find :

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
(...) (A whitelist capability would seem good too). I haven't played with accessing contacts data before, so I'll have to do a little research, but it should be doable...
Besides, Copernicus is on holidays

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Not to mention that the answer to this...

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
a word for improvement other than the daemon mode - save the files with phone number + time of call (start-end) - i might have asked this before but can't remember
...is at the top of this very page

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
In the meantime - i am using dbus mesages to save the recording files in the format of [Rec-[Date]-[start time]-[end time].aac].
i am calling my scripts at call establishment and call end - 2 events:

[script] * * com.nokia.mce.signal sig_call_state_ind active normal
[script] * * com.nokia.mce.signal sig_call_state_ind none normal

works perfectly

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording