Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
I think the graphicsdriver is not optimized at all at the moment. Not sure if even hardware acceleration is turned on.
Try scrolling with webcat. This is really awful to look at as it is dropping frames like crazy.
dont think i care tbh, i just really want it now lol, or atleast that level of hardware support on sailfish 1.x

Hello!
I found steps when audio begins to lag.
using alpha8.

Audio lags when:
Screen is ON.
and
You make manipulations with sensors (cover proximity sensor or rotating device)

What is affected: Audio player, Ringtone(select ringtone, some one's calling)

What doesn't affected: Video is not affected by this method. Rotating or covering sensor doesn't make any visual artifacts or audio distortions.

P.S.
Does anyone know where to get "fluendo-mp3-armv7hl.rpm" in order to gain mp3 support?
Is it a good idea to build a package from this: https://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/s...st-fluendo-mp3

thanks.

Last edited by iKozzz; 2015-03-09 at 09:44. Reason: info update

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
holyy ****k

i wonder if GPS works too, id instantly switch over if it did
The only issue is that we won't really know how well the GPS sensor works. You need an Android Compatibility Layer to have any sort of mapping or navigation. I just don't know how you would test/use GPS without it.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Demati View Post
The only issue is that we won't really know how well the GPS sensor works. You need an Android Compatibility Layer to have any sort of mapping or navigation. I just don't know how you would test/use GPS without it.
Really? How come?
Why not test with Rena for example?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
cant you test with HERE maps? Or is that only for Jolla?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
There is native PoorMaps for example.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
cant you test with HERE maps? Or is that only for Jolla?
HERE requires an Android runtime environment which we don't have on the Nexus 5. I don't think we'll be testing that any time soon.

Originally Posted by coderus
I wasn't aware of this! I'll look for it and try to test this weekend. I haven't flashed to Alpha 8 yet but once I do this will be one of the first things I try.

The Following User Says Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
ModRana should also run fine - I have seen it already seen it multiple times running on Sailfish OS on devices other than the Jolla.

Only issue I have seen was the missing qt5-qtdeclarative-import-sensors package, which is AFAIK always installed on the Jolla but not always on other devices. This can be fixed like this (as root):

Code:
zypper in qt5-qtdeclarative-import-sensors
(And I really need to finally add it as a modRana dependency. )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
HERE requires an Android runtime environment which we don't have on the Nexus 5. I don't think we'll be testing that any time soon.
Don't be so sure about that. I'm trying to get it working but no one who knows about android internals is helping me. I can "boot" into CM11 and get to the setup page, but touch input isn't working so I can't get past that and I don't know how to fix it yet.