Active Topics

Poll: Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?
Poll Options
Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Since the ban on abill_uk was lifted, he has been constantly been a force on talk.maemo.org that is causing more and more people to leave this place. And to prevent more of them leaving, I'd like to petition the talk.maemo.org administration to permanently ban abill_uk from here.

My key argument against abill_uk is that he is a person that has rapidily changing moods and sometimes even personalities and is flooding the forum with baseless, uninformed discussions and rants. He is often seen baselessly accusing people who actually contributes to the progression of the community one day, then loving them the other day, then hating them on another. He wears out the people who are contributing by endless and unconstructive discussion and currently, this causes them to leave instead.

You can review his post history through this URL and make your own conclusions, please do before voting as to be informed:

http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?do=finduser&u=33715

(Read answers to his posts ideally too)

In short, your vote will mean:

Yes - you want talk.maemo.org to be a constructive place where people work together in friendly community towards improving their device experiences. Please ban abill_uk as I agree that his behaviour is unacceptable here.

No - the inverse.

My vote will be 'Yes'. I find my own stay here incompatible with abill_uk's stay here. My posting record is published at http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?do=finduser&u=17313 - help decide if you want more of this, or abill_uk's type of discussion.

I'll be on forum.meego.com handset forums if I am banned for this petition, but after all my contribution to this forum, I feel this petition is needed to ensure a constructive future for talk.maemo.org.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
If only you did as much work on MeeGo it would get somewhere !.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
what as TMO come to, this is hilarious

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
what as TMO come to, this is hilarious
Dont worry if they do i will come back and HAUNT him

I have seen everything now omg what is happening here?.
Should i start a similar poll to permanently ban stskeeps too?.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I've spent a long time trying to channel him into correct thinking and challanging him to be creative, I too think I've come to a point where I can no longer benifit the maemo.org community through talk.maemo.org with him around. As much as I hate this kind of movement in any community, he is the only person actively posting I'd agree with banning.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
let admin decide now,simply ,petition has been registered ..hope you dont get the next date of hearing ))
good luck

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
If only you did as much work on MeeGo it would get somewhere !.
You're not helping your case.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
You're not helping your case.
This is sooooo funny it really is, talk about someone who does something wrong and i would understand but this..... he just hates the fact i started a Poll to get Maemo further devloped as he is direct competition to all that and this just proves everything i was thinking.

What should be happening is clearly not and that is Maemo and MeeGo working together not battling eachother !!!.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
We have heard the prosecutions case why we should vote YES, Now I'd like to hear from The defence before I make up my mind and pass judgement with a YES or NO.
So Abill state your case for a No Vote before the Bench retires.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
I voted to ban him, but in all honesty he'll just create another account, it's easier to put him on the ignore list, as everyone sane should, so at least he can be contained, I honestly feel sorry for him, I don't think he's a troll, he's just intellectually challenged.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread