Active Topics

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by markku View Post
With Large statusbar clock with alarm caused my N810 desktop reset. I tried it twice and reset happened when alarm was on. I uninstalled large statusbar clock and resets stopped. Personal menu has not caused any resets, yet.
I agree with markku. We can definitely strike Mapper from the suspect list. I uninstalled it from my N800 yesterday and this morning had a new screen burp. The only programs running were Notepad and Pidgin and my applets are RSS Feeder and GPE Summary (none of these has ever caused problems before.)

So now I think LgStatusBar Clock with Alarms is our prime subject, but I'm keeping it because I love it too much. I'll just leave off the alarms for a while.

DF

Another 24 hours and no new burps. Only difference is I have no alarms set on my LgStatusBarClock.

Last edited by DistantFire; 2008-03-24 at 02:55.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I will look at the alarm code on Monday. You can always install the previous version without alarms if you don't use them.

I don't think that it is the status bar clock or it's alarms. I've had the status bar clock installed for a wile without any problem. I also was having problems with out using the alarm.

It could be the personal menu or a combination of programs. I don't think I had problems until after updating personal menu, but I will not bet on it.

I re flashed my n800 last night and I am slowly reinstalling apps/programs one at a time to see what might be causing this problem.

Sorry for being out of the loop all weekend. I have had OMWeather deactivated all weekend, and Modest uninstalled, and have not had any desktop resets. So I am suspecting OMWeather, in my case. I also have the status bar clock installed, but I do not THINK I installed any update to it concurrent with the onset of the desktop problem.

I reflashed Friday night and I have installed my custom theme & icon, Status Bar Clock and OMWeather. I have not reinstalled Personal Menu, Modest, Maemo Mapper and a few other programs that I did not use much.

I have not had any resets is 2 days. I'm going to reinstall Personal Menu and see how things go.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I uninstalled modest on the weekend and removed all gconf entries associated with modest. I have not had a reset in two day while using statusbar clock and personal menu. I have OMWeather installed but disabled.

I am pretty sure I read that modest uses an alarm set in alarmd to poll for mail when you allow it to automatically check. I do not use alarms with statusbar clock, but I have read that some people do and are getting this reset issue. Perhaps this is a bug in alarmd?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
I've removed all applets and I still got a reset last night. I have Large statusbar clock (no alarms) installed however. I don't think it's the alarm code.

It is strange that this only started happening recently. As far as I know, a lot of people were using the latest large statusbar clock for weeks before this started to happen. Personal Menu doesn't seem to be installed for everyone it is happening to.

It seems like a recently updated package has done something. I updated modest, started having the problem, removed modest and have not had a single reset since Saturday while running the clock and personal menu. I know some people have never even installed modest and are having the problem, so I am flummoxed.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
have anyone messed around with powerlaunch?

I downgraded large/status/clock to the previous 5-3 and so far haven't had any resets. I'll
post in the event it continues. Still using personal menuu, modeest, and that volume/backlight combo app. I never did use the 6-5 clock's alarm tho.