Active Topics

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
How can i wipe the completly part from Adroid without to wipe my jolla data?

and is it possible to root the alien-dalvik/Android part? want install a root needing app

Regarding the question to root the alien-dalvik/Android part, I've asked it myself in December. The answers were not really helpful (except getting laughter), but this one might help:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1440

also this one more specific:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Hypothesis:

The virtual layer by Alien Dalvik controls access to the Jolla hardware demanded by random Android applications .

I am worried that this Alien Dalvik layer acts like an Android OS that automatically says "yes, allow" on every request for data access from an Android application.

For "user convenience" AlienDalvik is trusted by Sailfish to access contact details, phone status, GPS, file system, enable network connection etc...hence the Android programs running on top of it are also trusted by default.

The question is, if XPrivacy running on Alien Dalvik would be aware of the other Android programs running on Alien Dalvik? They might as well be running in a separate "box".

I hope somebody can throw in a technical explanation to prove the contrary and show us that Sailfish is not a data grabbing playground for Android applications on the loose.

Thanks

Something I've tried myself back then, where root is needed, failed:
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
Someone tried installing XPrivacy with the XPosed Framework in Android yet?

/edit
It doesn't work for me, Alien Davik access seems to restrict it:
This missing "feature" made me question the Android implementation on Sailfish too. This might have chanced with the latest patches.

Also a native XPrivacy like framework for Sailfish would make me rethink getting a Jolla Phone again.

nobody can say how to wipe android data part ? want delete contacts too from android part

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Remove all dalvik apps and remove "Android support" then have a look here

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

and its sure that this method will 100% delete all my contacts in Android?