Originally Posted by scudderfish View Post
This is wonderfully curious. My plugin will sync Events created on the N900 if they don't have an alarm. It will also sync events created on the Mac with an alarm, and the alarm survives. Can you send me your Plugin Maker project so I can diff it with mine (or you can do the diff yourself )
I will send you the project file when I get home. if you send me yours as well between us we should be able to work out what the difference is.

do you have to set the alarm, in ical, in a particular way ( ie. message, message with sound etc) or does it accept any? do you have DALARM / AALARM selected under the general tab?

The Following User Says Thank You to 3quid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
My project file is linked on the site given above. http://www.smithfamily.org.uk/~dgs/N900iSync/

You do have a nicer icon than me

I just created an iCal event with an alarm 15 mins before hand with all defaults. I haven't tried any variation yet. I'm doing this all on my account and doing export plugin, install, shutdown maker, run isync, test, shutdown isync, load maker cycle is getting a little tedious so I think I'll go for fast user switching tomorrow and have one account for dev and one for test.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scudderfish For This Useful Post:
that sounds like a plan with the user switching. ok cool will have a look in an hour or so and will post my project file on to the same page as my plugin as well.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I'm certainly looking forward to testing the fruits of your combined genius!

The big problem I'm having with Calendars is that I have 8 on my Mac, including the automatically generated 'Birthdays' calendar (which is tied to the Birthday field in Address Book), but they all sync to the N900 as one calendar. Except for the Birthdays one, which it seems to understand.

I've even gone so far as to create calendars on the N900 with identical names and colours, but no luck..

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by SmartMic View Post
Hey folks,

after searching this forum and others sites I'm still not sure whether maemo 5 on the N900 will fully support iSync.
Well, for me as a Mac user it would be a must. Wondering why nobody else is curious about it...

Thinking seriously about buying an iPhone or giving the N900 a chance.

What do you think?
Right now, I'd get an iPhone. I'm coming from an iPhone, that, at least when firmware was updated you could still play music and video.

useful comment butterfly. thanks for your input

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Maine
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Right now, I'd get an iPhone. I'm coming from an iPhone, that, at least when firmware was updated you could still play music and video.
I truly hope this is not the case. I debated between the Iphone (being a MAC user) and the N900 and have bought the N900 on the assumption it would sync. I just checked and after the latest upgrade my music and video still work, but what I really want more than that is the ability to sync my contacts with my Mac.

the plugins that myselfand scudderfish have posted will do that for you. the only thing it wont do is correctly work with all calendar events with alarms (it will do soon when we work it out). download either and you can use isync just fine

The Following User Says Thank You to 3quid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by 3quid View Post
useful comment butterfly. thanks for your input
It's like the guy who started crying in every thread when his mic broke

i just think butterfly should go to an iphone forum or at least a thread discussing iphone vs n900. there's plenty of them!