Hi

I have found one big waekness in Nokia 770 user interface. I wanted to be connected to the Internet via Bluetooth and then to be connected to my LAN via Wi Fi. I have found out that one connection desables another. I am sure it is possible to configure these connection via command line, but this is geeky solution.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Devon, UK
Never mind geeky solution. That's such a geeky thing to want to do how could you expect the solution to be otherwise?

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Just don't put any connection as default and you will be asked to choose.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
It's not a limitation of hardware: I was able to get on the internet over WiFi while using my Bluetooth GPS software. time for someone to write patched code huh?

Originally Posted by ilblog
I am sure it is possible to configure these connection via command line, but this is geeky solution.
What you're asking for is the ability for the N770 to perform "multi-homing" not only out of the box(1), but in a manner which is easily performed by end users(2) unaware of the potential risks.

1) It'll do it. I've done it a few times while fiddling with a bluetooth virtual network adapter.

2) Not in this lifetime.

I think something like this could be very useful to keep a constant internet connection when roaming. When you reach a hifi hotspot you know, your 770 could make a connection to it, but keep pushing all internet traffic through the bluetooth connection until after the wifi connection is complete. Then all internet traffic could seemlessy be routed to the wifi connection and you wouldn't lose any packets.
This is purely a software solution, right? I don't think that's an unfair request.