Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Looking at the Leste updates it seems almost ready for testing as a daily driver. I have a second N900 I would like to install Leste on as the only OS without SD card and Uboot. Is there some instructions on how to do this?
Or better still a way to simply upgrade from Maemo5?

Last edited by glo-worm; 2023-01-13 at 08:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
The N900 still has some problems that need addressing:

* There is no audio in voice calls yet (or at least just one side)
* It doesn't idle properly, so the battery lasts for maybe 8 hours max

This will get fixed, but my personal focus is first on the Droid 4 and related phones (bionic, droid 3, razr), since we have much more working there and they are more powerful devices.

Ultimately these fixes for the N900 will probably be day-long investigations leading to patches of just a few lines of code.

Long story short, you might be better off with a pinephone or droid 4 for now as a daily driver. I would hold off until the Chimaera release (and the self imposed Feb 1 deadline for when I will personally switch over from N900 Fremantle to Droid 4 w/ Leste).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Thanks for the clarification. It was just a thought as I have a spare N900 so though it would be nice to play if it was close to a daily. My guess is that by the time Leste is ready on N900 to go daily, the limit of 2G/3G connectivity will be more of an issue for the phone...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo leste, nokia n900