I have a nokia N810.

It is hard for me to say what I want to see on the 810, since I've been out of school for a few months my use has decreased.

I use it mostly as a back up mp3 player at the moment. Once school starts back up I will use it for web browsing when I have only a few minutes between classes.

I am willing to help development of anything when I have time.. but, to tell the truth I am highly inexperienced and lack time.

Still here and enjoying the heck out of my 800. So far there isn't anything out there that I would replace it with all things considered. Maybe the Dell mini 5 but I'm sure that thing will cost a fortune. Long live the 800/810!

I have an N810. I'd like to see further development for diablo and/or mer. I'd also like to see the community ssu, up and in use.
I am willing to contribute by letting my N810 be used and abused in the name of development! I have no programming experience but i am happy to test and report my findings.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by 68Guns View Post
Still here and enjoying the heck out of my 800. So far there isn't anything out there that I would replace it with all things considered. Maybe the Dell mini 5 but I'm sure that thing will cost a fortune. Long live the 800/810!
And even then, it's still Android. Despite the fact that I own and like my Android-based phone, I really wish I could get my hands on a proper Linux distribution based tablet that can fit in my pocket to go along with my Android telephone. :P

-sigh-

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brasil / Curitiba
I have an N810.

I'd like to see runnig more years, with Diablo/Mer....

I'not experience in programming but i am happy to test and report my experience with user.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Toronto
Have an N800, use it every day as ebook reader, MP3 player and for netsurfing when out of the house. Just a user, not programmer, but willing to pitch in the occasional nickel to support further development on this platform ... not too much as I m a pensioner.

I just do not want the same thing to happen to this neat little device as happened to my old Zaurus.

Thanks to all who have put time and energy into N8X0 development over the years.

* I have been using a N810 for about a year.

* I use the N810 for MAEMO MAPPER, web, email, SKYPE, GOOGLE VOICE/Gizmo5, EBOOKS, MP3 and video player. I get the most out of it when I am traveling and need to make a VOIP call over WiFi. It is also nice to be able to walk down a street in a foreign country, find an open WiFi spot, and find&book a hotel room for the night in a bind.

* I'm willing to contribute with: don't have much to offer. Beta testing, small $ contributions.

* If I buy a nexus one, I would then probably not use my N810 except as backup.

Last edited by uhale; 2010-04-01 at 02:36.

Good to see that we still have a substantial N800/ N810 userbase here!

Have an N810
Looking forward to Mer

I am back in action as of this weekend with a new to me n810.

Came back after toying w/ the idea of a Beagleboard based car pc. N900 won't work for me because I must have Blackberry for work, so the n810 will be my new automotive companion.

This time, I will be keeping it indefinitely. Got it for a good price, and I always regret selling them.

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810