Posts: 34 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I don't think there are enough threads like these.

I've had my N900 for about a month now, and would just like to say it is the best phone I've had.

It's nearly replaced my netbook for Skype calls to the US and randomly surfing the internet.

I can do manual rsyncs to my home server and get new music and video onto the device. Not to mention I don't have to convert my video files! (Extra WIN)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to steev182 For This Useful Post:
fair enough

but as useless as the other threads (no offense), maybe it could be in off topic?

Im more afraid to get the phone bricked and to learn again to live without it that if meego will run on n900 or not

Last edited by clasificado; 2010-03-17 at 15:14.

I think its good that someone wants to share how happy they are with their device - it pays testament to the N900 and Maemo 5. Its not off topic at all (imo) as it might reassure others of what the device can do...!

I also think people need to give up on meego... We weren't expecting it when we bought our N900's and the device is great without it! If we get it, that's cool - if not, who cares?!

Steev - I also love my n900 - hardly anything about it that I dislike

The Following User Says Thank You to stayloa For This Useful Post:
Congratulations on picking a device that fulfils your expectations!
It sort of sounds like my experience with the N810. I started carrying that with me in addition to the windows mobile cell phone for extended functionality. So I was quite excited to see the N900.

In my case, though, the N810 lead to me having too high expectations for the N900.

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Thank you for this thread! I love that I don't have to convert videos either, I just get my movies, plug it to the tv and it's good to go.

Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
I don't think there are enough threads like these.

I've had my N900 for about a month now, and would just like to say it is the best phone I've had.

It's nearly replaced my netbook for Skype calls to the US and randomly surfing the internet.

I can do manual rsyncs to my home server and get new music and video onto the device. Not to mention I don't have to convert my video files! (Extra WIN)
I agree with you 100%!

I would even say it's not only the best phone, it's the best gadget I've ever held in hands.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I'm leaning that way, it's not perfect in it's default state, it has no allusions to perfection and because of this gives you a lot of options for customization.

Yes Nokia has done an awful job with getting software companies on board, yes their offerings aren't too great. But they don't lock you into a particular way of using the phone. The community aspect of this phone drew me to it (along with Nokia actually knowing how to make bluetooth headphones work without dongles or performance issues) and I think Open Source is what makes it such a great device!

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I totally agree, say what you like about its imperfectios, there is no smartphone like the N900 anywhere, not one. Even my 65 year old mum appreciates it - calls it a mobile computer. No walled gardens, no sceptre waving overlord, no evil contracts and tie ins, no developer restrictions, just UHURU - swahili for FREEDOM

The Following User Says Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I compleatly love my N900.. It does was i need and more. I am so glad i decided to do some research before buying the device... i was close to buy an Android.

The only downset is the move to rpm.. hopefully developers are aware of the debian comunity and the scale of it. I will probably not follow to the MeeGo camp.. only time will tell.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
N900 best phone I've Never had!

I have so wanted this phone since...like December...
Might get it this month! mmmmm...dreams....mmmmm...