Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
So I'm guessing everything's been said on this, hmm?
Give it time. People are more upset about the $25 million dollar payout to Elop and his reason for not taking any less is due to his divorce - daddy gotta pay his baby in full with Nokia money or else (reverse pimping) - than to talk about how Microsoft bought Nokia because sooner than later nobody will make Windows Phone 8 (and higher) phones and thus... they can't complain or add more to this discussion quite yet.

Ballmer (force) retired. Elop (Nelson: "Ha ha") divorced. Jobs (and the US government) is dead. Nokia (they really tried) is no more.

What else needs to be added?

jolla need to team up with nokia to produce pureview before Microsoft buy them

This is the ecosystem pressure that Microsoft is hoping for to sell their devices:

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/10/...ce=yahoo_quote

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
jolla need to team up with nokia to produce pureview before Microsoft buy them
Anything Nokia does now will be with Microsoft looking over their shoulder and waiting on the right time to either pounce on them to force them to pay royalties like they're currently doing to many Android device builders or they will try to swoop in (probably with Elop aka the Boston Chicken/Macromedia/Nokia Killer/Chief Executioner Officer) and remove anything they consider competition.

I wouldn't touch a Nokia backed investment if I were Jolla unless that contract was worded as tightly as Mrs. Elop divorce papers.

I still have "I've Had the Time of My Life" stuck in my head...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
This is the ecosystem pressure that Microsoft is hoping for to sell their devices:

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/10/...ce=yahoo_quote
That's a rather damning article. IT "in bed with Microsoft", "we fought hard for iPads"... not exactly ecosystem pressure as much as it seems to be a technology stance that's not currently deployable (Windows 8 version ready by next year) and the pilots feeling like they were forced to accept 11k Surface devices.

Don't get me wrong, I actually have a Surface RT, probably will get the Surface 2 Pro if Wacom finally delivers drivers for the Wacom Cintiq; but that's because I want two screens that I can design on. Nothing like replacing some of the iOS apps that I actually like and use.

But that article is rather hostile at the base of it all.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
But that article is rather hostile at the base of it all.
And 11K devices isn't anything at all. Not to Microsoft.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Anything Nokia does now will be with Microsoft looking over their shoulder and waiting on the right time to either pounce on them to force them to pay royalties like they're currently doing to many Android device builders
The agreement gives away most of their IP (not all of it) in that division but 0 of their patents, so they can start sw/hw from scratch (or get it from elsewhere) using their patents, & in most cases MS can't touch them. But, aside from that they're best of buddies going forward, if Nokia ever gets back into that sector (which most pundits say is very unlikely for various reasons), it'll most likely be in close cooperation with MS. If MS is still in that game...

Don't get me wrong, I actually have a Surface RT, probably will get the Surface 2 Pro if Wacom finally delivers drivers for the Wacom Cintiq; but that's because I want two screens that I can design on. Nothing like replacing some of the iOS apps that I actually like and use.
I'll be deciding between a: Lumia 2520/Sirius, Surface 2, or Surface 2 Pro in a few mth, + maybe a new top-end Android tablet. "rubs hands"

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-02 at 04:45.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh the irony... I found this in some treasure I had tucked away in my predictions bookmarks from the old, original 'Let's talk Nokia stock' thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...22#post1239622
Christ. Nokia has been in the hands of a very few for as long as Nokia has existed. Ultimately they have the last word. They have done much more drastic things in the past than to change the OS on bloody phone.

You people got to stop trolling!!! Elop is hired to do a job, and he is doing it. Nokia will NOT run out of money. MS will NOT buy Nokia. There are no parasites, moles or other evilness involved.

This is what is going to happen:
Nokia will launch a WP8 Lumia PureView and become King
Jolla will launch a bug nest with no features, no ecosystem, and disappear after less than a year. (this wouldn't prevent me from getting a device though, if I can get hold of one. Will they even be sold outside China?)

I will be happy. You will continue to be cry babies blaming some obscure old lady for ganging up with Elop, exercising voodoo spells upon the Jolla.
HEY, SPECC! Are you still out there?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
ooo the baiting game ....

please me too ..... I wanna play

:-)

rgds

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uTMY For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
HEY, SPECC! Are you still out there?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
espionage, trojan man