Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
The browser is horrible. I want to cry every time I use it.

I love the camera, it's so easy to take amazing photos, but the rest of the phone, coming from an N9, is like pulling teeth without novacane.

Painful and unwanted.
The 808 also has everything in terms of connectivity though.
Everything the N9 has , plus FM-Transmitter, HDMI-out & USB-OTG

great phone imo (and as for the browser you can always install Opera 12)

: )

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
The 808 also has everything in terms of connectivity though.
Everything the N9 has , plus FM-Transmitter, HDMI-out & USB-OTG

great phone imo (and as for the browser you can always install Opera 12)

: )
Hardware limitations and stupidity on Nokia's behalf. We needed a Pureview Meego-Harmattan Phone, that would have caused major shock waves in the entire mobile phone community innovation on all accounts.

That would have been a true flagship and would have sold soooooo well for Nokia.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
@kjmackey or someone has both 808 and n9

I am about to buy a new smartphone and I am between 808 and n9 64gb. If you were in my shoes which one would you prefer, why? Actually I love phones with great camera modules and i was using k850i so far but I can`t help myself buying an n9. And one more thing: which one has better music quality with headphones? Thank you in advance.
I haven't switched back to my N9 - yet. Partly because I'm stubborn and I *did* shell out $600+ for the 808 (although that's less than I spent on my 64GB N9 - early adopter tax).

And partly because the 808's camera is not possible to give up. But, the N9 is smoother running than even Belle FP1 and I like the way it's a more integrated experience in most ways.

As has been said, an N9 with the 808 PureView's camera (and rich recording) would be perfect for me. But, it's an imperfect universe.

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Hardware limitations and stupidity on Nokia's behalf. We needed a Pureview Meego-Harmattan Phone, that would have caused major shock waves in the entire mobile phone community innovation on all accounts.

That would have been a true flagship and would have sold soooooo well for Nokia.
It also would have caused Nokia's WP sales to dip from almost nothing to absolutely nothing. The only reason they sell any at all is because they've totally destroyed Symbian & Meego (and now Meltemi).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Thank you all for your replies. I am a white n9 user from now on. Price of the 808 was too high i think. I will start digging the n9 as long as it gets fully charged.

to anyone owning a Symbian Belle device
do not install the m@ke$$h!t OFFice crap
it turns your desktops into a lame.... nothing

Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
[...]

As has been said, an N9 with the 808 PureView's camera (and rich recording) would be perfect for me. But, it's an imperfect universe.
we'll never know, but considering the issues & conflicts between kernel-power (never versions) or other community tweaks (UTG to name but one) and HDR package(s) on the N900, one might wonder how well that combo would have turned out
in fact i can't even run Panorama on my KP v50 device (without UTG or anything of the like...)
one of the reason it will hardly ever come on m$ crap is because the software side of PureView is quite important and embedding that in Symbian was... possible if not easy whereas on a Linux kernel... well, nothing impossible there neither, for sure, but obviously wasn't worth the effort.

ask yourselves: why didn't N9 & Co have the 12 MP camera of the N8?

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
ask yourselves: why didn't N9 & Co have the 12 MP camera of the N8?
size restrictions given the unibody construction. for most people, looks > camera.

Originally Posted by keflex View Post
size restrictions given the unibody construction. for most people, looks > camera.
good point !
if they weren't able to slim down the 12MP to fit into unibody constructions in nearly 2 years, how likely is it they ever do it for the 41MP?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
The 808 test by DPReview has just been posted.

Checking some of the high resFigured it would be worth to highlight the last real Nokia smartphone one more time

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/808...a-808-pureview

On full res:

"...scene contains a lot of fairly low-contrast detail, and although output isn't not totally sharp at 100%, the 808 has done an excellent job, at least matching the average mid-range DSLR for pixel-level JPEG sharpness, and exceeding the abilities of some..."