Active Topics

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Then again, cloned system would be best on Sandisk Extreme III with 20mb/s read/write... Though a 16GB costs almost a full N800 price these days
Actually, SanDisk's newer Extreme SD cards are rated at 30MBps read/write, including the 16GB.

I don't know if the N800 can take advantage of that speed, but in my N800, an older 20MBps Extreme is much faster than a Class 6 Kingston.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
the only problem I had/have with my adata 16gb card is the physical lock.

I had this card since march, and it never lost any data. however, the physical lock is VERY loose. I am planing on adding some tape to help it, but while it's in the internal slot of my n800, I have no problems

And it is cheaper, lighter and less consuming than an x86 laptop!

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone know if the 16 micro sdhc card would work in the N810. I am thinking of getting one at the best price as possible.

I have an a-data 8-gig card, and recently got the Kingston 16-gig. Although the a-data one was rated at class 6, it only got that speed when doing sequential transfers (either transferring a large file, or dumping a disk image to the raw device). When copying over about 5 gigs of mp3s it took a few hours (whereas a dump of a fat32 filesystem image took only a few minutes). Tested it with the n800 through usb, and with a dedicated usb card reader.

The kingston card however doen't exhibit any performance problems at all. Although every once in a while it will show up as not mounted, and whenever I reinsert it it doesn't mount (says corrupted). Rebooting the n800 solves the issue though, so I don't think it is a problem with the card.