Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by aikon800 View Post
Since Samsung just announced Omnia Pro B7610,
You seriously consider a winmo as a competitor?
Specs looks nice, but still...

I can't wait either - and am real nervous that the announcement is still some time off, if the phone rumor is true. Wouldn't an announcement regarding a new top of the line Nokia phone kill the N97 sales? I bet we have to wait at least 3 months before anything happens.
I'm seriously thinking about getting an android phone (the Samsung galaxy i7500 looks sweet). That way I have the features in a phone, and can keep my N800 for "fun"

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
After seeing the N97 - sorry, I just don't like the phone despite it being a very capable phone - I'm no longer in a rush to see anything from Nokia.

The 770 used a weird memory type. The N800 felt too plasticky to me - and decidedly retro. The N810's GPS plain sucked and no use for the front camera with Skype still bothers me.

I feel your impatience, and after playing with iPhone's 3.0 OS all day, I'm just going to relax, wait... and keep my options very open. Not impressed with what's out or announced.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Sacchin why don't you relax and try some other device for a while instead of waiting for the RX-51. If you buy a full price iphone without a contract and keep it in great condition you can probably sell it in October/November for close to full price. You could also buy an iPod touch, which seem to hold their value pretty well on Ebay. Or you could buy a netbook and explore that universe for a bit. Waiting for 3 to 4 months in a constant state of worry like you seem to be in might be bad for your health.

I was like you waiting etc...I decided to buy a 5800 XM to play with for a while and might get an iPhone 3GS for the same reason. I don't anticipate using any other device than the RX-51 when it comes out but until then there is plenty of other stuff to keep busy with.
Although i mentioned the iphone to just irritate the nokia guys, i would never buy anything which cannot multitask. That was the biggest thing which pushed me towards nokia's phones since the nokia 6630 which was really the best phone for many years during those days.

For me a smart phone should multitask. Period. Until the iphone multi-tasks it is never going to be in my scheme of things.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The Iphone 3g s is being released in a couple of days. The os 3.0 with many additions which is released today. Then there is the palm pre.
I am seriously sick of all these waiting without even an announcement. We have'nt even had a OS update to talk about some sort of improvement.

The palm pre and the iphone 3gs are calling me.... i am finding it difficult to hang on for the tablets.

Nokia if you are listening for god's sake do something.
I have the same feeling. I want my N800 run java,
connect printer and USB 3G USB modem.
I will buy a Viliv S5 soon. Wait no more!

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Frankly, you can try the iPhone, it is a very nice and user friendly device, but you may be very disappointed by the lack of usefull applications and the closed system. It's so closed that you can't even transfer a file to or from your N8xx !!!

Still today after the OS3 update, when I compare my boyfriend's iPhone and my N810 ... i'm more thant happy to keep Nokia's device. I can easilly transfer files to and from it by USB or simply by removing the memory card, i have a good spreadsheet, word editing, note taking app ...

If only it was possible to share files between N810 and iPHone, i would have one ... but it's not !

Do you really need to change, you do you just want to spend money ?

The Following User Says Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by totololo View Post
Frankly, you can try the iPhone, it is a very nice and user friendly device, but you may be very disappointed by the lack of usefull applications and the closed system. It's so closed that you can't even transfer a file to or from your N8xx !!!
How would you do that between your N810/N800 and a regular phone?

For desktop to phone, I use AirShare on the iPhone and access it like an ftp site.

DataCase gives me http access for retrieving, as well as afp and ftp to and fro my cellphone.

So getting files to my iPhone isn't a problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Gerbick
On others phones, i can simply use the micro SD card ... this is what i do with my Nokia E90. You can use Bluetooth to to share files ...

What you are telling is VERY intersting to me so :
- is your iPhone jailbroken ?
- are you in OS3 ?
- can you share your internet connexion from iPhone to the tablet ?
- to exchange files between N8xx and iPhone, how does-it works ?
- can you make a document on your N8XX, transfer it to the iPhone and then, from the iphone, send it by mail ?

Depending on your answers, I could replace my E90 by an iPhone and then have a complete solution with iPhone + N810 !!!

Last edited by totololo; 2009-06-18 at 06:39.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Of course, from experience we know that anything released by Nokia is guaranteed to be bug free...
s/by Nokia//

At least maemo has a public, open bugzilla and bugs sometimes even get fixed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
How would you do that between your N810/N800 and a regular phone?
sharing and exchanging files between the N810 and a "regular phone" (whatever that means....)? just enable bluetooth. send files in both directions. or directly access your phone via the file manager.

I'm not exactly the best spokesperson for the iPhone. I use it, but I'm nowhere near enamored with it like most fanboys and can tell you outright it is a "limited" OS since they've clamped down on the stupid things.
  • Not jailbroken - although I did do that to my first iPhone.
  • Just upgraded to OS 3.0 today, but not exactly 100% thrilled with it (same for the iPhone, just gotten used to working around it)
  • Can't tether between the two - despite their being an older app that got pulled that would have done just that. But I've yet to attempt tethering.
  • Exchange files... I've just pointed my N810 (192.168.15.10) to my iPhone (192.168.15.3:8080) with AirSharing open, and saved the files that were in the Public files directory - this is where the full browser on the N810 is the best - you have to allow access on the iPhone, or it'll time out. And you can upload/select files via the browser to the iPhone too.
File sharing easily done. I'm cheating though because Air Sharing and DataCase both came out for free initially and I got 'em. As of 3.0 upgrade, I've been having problems with ftp on DataCase. But it's easily done via the browser to and from the iPhone.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: