Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
No, you would need to make your own connector. I'll take some pictures when I make mine
Considering what a pain in the *** it is to make a double BL-5J that is actually not a bad idea.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Are mugen covers available anywhere?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Are mugen covers available anywhere?
Not sure. I emailed them a few months ago and they sent me the last two they had. So they're out now.

The Following User Says Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Using the connector from an old battery, cut the controller to only keep the contacts. Now to make a dummy "battery" so it stays in.

Using leather until I can be bothered/can find something else as a space filler to keep the connector from moving

My nice slim N900 ):

Now it boots to the Nokia logo then turns off.
If I plug it in, it turns on/off/on/off etc.

Multimeter says battery is at 3.96v.
Does the sensor pin need to be attached for it to work?
Not sure what to try now.

I'll try this when I get home: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93087

edit::
Maybe instead of just using the pins and taking off the rest of the protection circuit, I could use a full protection pcb from another bj-51 on the bare LG cells?

edit::
Alright, took the PCB from another battery (hopefully not my better one), took the LG PCB off and put the Nokia one on it.

Now its booting, seems to be working fine. Just need to figure out how to get the battery meter to show the correct capacity (showing 1277mAh from old battery)

Last edited by azkay; 2016-06-09 at 07:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
I have two original Nokia BL-5J batteries and interesting is that one is 1320mAh and another is 1430 mAh. I think that last Nokia that used BL-5J was Asha 202 with 1320 mAh. And second last was Nokia Lumia 520 with 1430 mAh. And there is still available 1430 mAh in Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-N.../dp/B00EZG3OGW

Well, I finally received the ONITE battery I ordered a while back (I am overseas, so had to wait for someone visiting the States to return it for me), and so far after one day of use it's certainly an improvement over my old Nokia-branded batteries. Of course, we'll have to see how it holds up over time, but this is what I can report at the moment...

The seller seems very responsive -- they contacted me a couple of times to find out if there was any trouble and to request that I submit a review on Amazon -- make of that what you will, but it probably means that if there were any problems then they would do their best to solve it...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dovf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Polarcell at ebay. Not so cheap - but a very good choise

Sent from my Jolla using Tapatalk

It looks like original Nokia batteries are not manufactured anymore. Today received one more black "lumia" styled 1430mAh battery. Hopefully three new batteries will last enough until better phone is released.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I am about to try again the lottery of BL-5J batteries.
I see Onite but that has pretty bad reviews from people who took the time to actually test them.
https://www.amazon.com/Onite-Replace...ews/B00KNJ0YGI
My experience with the Polarcell was pretty bad and I cant find those anymore anyways.
can anyone recommend a good high capacity cell with an easy to disassemble top for double-scud'ing.
Oh how I miss those great Scud cells which seem to have lasted for 2-3 days of normal net use and calling.
Did something go drastically wrong with Chinese battery chemistry?