Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
https://github.com/community-ssu/osso-systemui

Compile-tested only, I guess it has bugs
after the latest commits, it seems we have fully working REed systemui

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
and libdevlock

https://github.com/community-ssu/libdevlock

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@Android_808 - ok, what now?

Community SSU developer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I think the only other blob that comes to mind is iphb for libhildondesktop. This was mentioned by someone a few years ago in irc chat. If I remember the sources I'm using at the moment (Mer) are not the same. Think it was something about merging bits with dsme IIRC.

Hildon-desktop, if you are still using libclutter0.8 needs libcail (Clutter Accessibility Implementation Library). Newer versions of clutter seem to have integrated ATK support via cally.

mce I think should be blob free now. It only wants the osso-systemui-...-dev packages for the dbus signals etc. I think we already most if not all of them and the actual modules/UI elements in CSSU. I think you said we had libconic sources somewhere.

BTW, CSSU repo is missing libhildondesktop from what I can see. Source is definately available because Cordia and my repo have it.

After addressing iphb I think I should be able to build hildon-desktop using Maemo userland with no binary blobs. For you, it would depend on what version of clutter you're targetting.

Had to take a week off from coding/project. Way to many hours at work the last few weeks. Worked out I've had 6 days leave so far since January Got some time off later this week but have family plans. End of next week and especially all the week after I should finally have some more free time again.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I think the only other blob that comes to mind is iphb for libhildondesktop. This was mentioned by someone a few years ago in irc chat. If I remember the sources I'm using at the moment (Mer) are not the same. Think it was something about merging bits with dsme IIRC.
https://github.com/community-ssu/iphbd

daemon is yet to be REed, but library should be enough for building.

Hildon-desktop, if you are still using libclutter0.8 needs libcail (Clutter Accessibility Implementation Library). Newer versions of clutter seem to have integrated ATK support via cally.
I wonder if I can use cally as a drop-in replacement of cail.

mce I think should be blob free now. It only wants the osso-systemui-...-dev packages for the dbus signals etc. I think we already most if not all of them and the actual modules/UI elements in CSSU. I think you said we had libconic sources somewhere.
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...libc/libconic/

BTW, CSSU repo is missing libhildondesktop from what I can see. Source is definately available because Cordia and my repo have it.
That means there was no need to change/fix it. Use the one from the repos.

After addressing iphb I think I should be able to build hildon-desktop using Maemo userland with no binary blobs. For you, it would depend on what version of clutter you're targetting.
Great. Lets see how your (clutter1.0) h-d is going to behave, I may give up on 0.8.

Had to take a week off from coding/project. Way to many hours at work the last few weeks. Worked out I've had 6 days leave so far since January Got some time off later this week but have family plans. End of next week and especially all the week after I should finally have some more free time again.
Sure, anyway I'll need some more time to RE iphbd binary.

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
great news. i think libiphb should be enough.

h-d clutter 1.x still needs cssu fixes assessed and merged. might be easier in the long run to take cssu version and merge clutter1 code into that. on the whole it is "working" ok atm.

it has an issue with window thumbnail not being correctly drawn inside container, probably just a coordinate issue as it leaves a transparent bar.

the other issue is switching between window/switcher too fast causes xwindow/client disconnect. theres a similar issue documented in the source file. iirc you can't use source as it was in 0.8 due to deprecated/removed features. it crashed to start, after a few fixes it would display but not react to events and is now in its almost working state.

as for cail to cally, I'm not too sure. if cally is in 0.8 i don't see why not. just not sure how they compare feature wise.

i was hoping to get some time before then but got hit by another bombshell when i got to work. someone goes on to maternity friday and none of her shifts are covered. as one of the only people on site who can do her job, guess who they want to come in earlier and on days off to cover.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Ok, small progress made.

iphb built fine. libhildondesktop rebuilt against "new" version.

libdevlock: build fails if libcal.pc is missing. Compared to original, the CSSU RE'd version appears to be missing libcal related depends and build-deps.
After installing libcal-dev and libcal1:

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/lib/libcal.so.1 (used by debian/libdevlock1/usr/lib/libdevlock.so.1.0.9)
Turns out that CSSU libcal is missing dh_makeshlibs call in rules (currently commented out).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
osso-systemui: I'm hitting conflicting type errors. DBus8ByteStruct and DBusBasicValue defined in systemui.h are already defined in dbus-types.h.

osso-systemui-powerkeymenu: Needs GTK3 port. Set up a repo ready to work on when I get some time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
osso-systemui: I'm hitting conflicting type errors. DBus8ByteStruct and DBusBasicValue defined in systemui.h are already defined in dbus-types.h.
Sorry, I forgot to push https://github.com/community-ssu/oss...f9f45fea2c6606

just pull and rebuild, it should be ok now

osso-systemui-powerkeymenu: Needs GTK3 port. Set up a repo ready to work on when I get some time.

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Ok, small progress made.

iphb built fine. libhildondesktop rebuilt against "new" version.

libdevlock: build fails if libcal.pc is missing. Compared to original, the CSSU RE'd version appears to be missing libcal related depends and build-deps.
After installing libcal-dev and libcal1:

Turns out that CSSU libcal is missing dh_makeshlibs call in rules (currently commented out).
Will fix that.

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: