Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Also important to know, if some battery is missing protective circuit or has components missing.
Nokia claims many "cheap" batteries do not have protective circuits and therefore could explode.

More photos would be nice of the breaked batteries, solder points and such. Diagram of the whole circuit would be useful also to make sure one has understood your "version 1".
Will get right on it tomorrow, it's 1.30 at night here right now.
But can say i have not seen any battery's so far without circuits.
The phone needs BME circuit or it will not start, have tried to connect a 6000mAh battery to + & - on the phone and it only stays on until it displays the 5 dots, than it just shuts off.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nuno pereira View Post
I bought this one few months ago from DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32444

It is an original Nokia battery, and atleast the one i've got from them is completely original (no fake).

The capacity is also equal to any other bl-5j nokia batt (i have 4 of them), so for those looking just for an original replacement, this is the perfect deal (for the price, of course).
Has this been tested? I'm wondering if it really is genuine like DX claims. Or at least close to OEM capacity.

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
Has this been tested? I'm wondering if it really is genuine like DX claims. Or at least close to OEM capacity.
Will all so test that battery in the future. Don't have unlimited funds, but should get to it in max 2 mounts.

The Mod on Post #2 will be updated in the near future since it's going to get the battery's from 'christgift' (EBAY).
I have just finish tested them now that there put together and the capacity is - 2512mAh -

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-11-19 at 10:51.

So, just to clarify - you do have an overcharge IC in place? I'm considering grafting an inductive charger from the Palm Pre onto my N900, but I'd be bypassing the physical internal connections to the battery, and jumping it directly to the leads on the phone and the battery.

I'd need to stick a small IC in to regulate overcharging. More information on how you've done this would be nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
So, just to clarify - you do have an overcharge IC in place? I'm considering grafting an inductive charger from the Palm Pre onto my N900, but I'd be bypassing the physical internal connections to the battery, and jumping it directly to the leads on the phone and the battery.

I'd need to stick a small IC in to regulate overcharging. More information on how you've done this would be nice.
i only have the battery's circuit, actually it was the e_cell battery's circuit, but my direct charge port (2mm DC) is connected directly to the battery before the circuit.
If you are using an xl cover there is enough room to put small electronics.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-11-17 at 20:27.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
i only have the battery's circuit, actually it was the e_cell battery's circuit, but my direct charge port (2mm DC) is connected directly to the battery before the circuit.
If you are using an xl cover there is enough room to put small electronics.
Yeah, you really would need to draw a diagram of your whole circuit. :-)
I must say I currently am not sure how I would copy your work from the photos and descriptions. Your charge port is directly connected to the batteries, so where in the middle is the circuit shown on the photos?

Battery mod has been updated.
No schematic yet but now it's much simpler.
Battery Capacity is now 2512mAh.

Goto Page #1 and Post #2 and check it out.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-11-17 at 23:31.

Have you tried to charge your new (version 2) two-pack-battery through microUSB and did N900 succeed to charge "it" fully?

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Have you tried to charge your new (version 2) two-pack-battery through microUSB and did N900 succeed to charge "it" fully?
Nope but since it's still a normal battery and the phone doesn't care about the resistor / battery.reporting.capacity, it should charge up nicely like normal.

In my case i can't test this function before next week (hopefully), in my many experiments making a external battery pack that charges through USB i one night when i was very tired, and one shouldn't experiment when tired...., blew a 2A fuse (part F5300) in the phone, which is to protect the phone from to large current through the USB, But in my case it was a reverse polarity through USB, so until i get the fuse changed i cannot test this.

I would change the fuse myself if i had good enough soldering equipment for very small SMD, i have taken the phone apart and tested that it was the fuse that was blown, but it is a very tight space where the fuse is.

But as i said this is a normal battery, just bigger and will charge nicely through USB, will take some time thou....

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc