Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I recently bid for a nokia n95 8gb for 450$ and was outbid. Later on i asked the seller to contact me if i he wanted to give me a second chance offer.

The seller said he wanted the second chance offer and would only sell it via paypal so that he can reduce the extra charge on ebay.

I sent the money. And he sent me a shipping reciept from usps which was made online via paypal. The item never came. I contacted the seller and he said that he was pissed of with the constant emails from me and that he is going to void the shipping reciept. By then i already made a claim with paypal which made the seller even more serious and he said that paypal had already witheld the money and would refund the money after he voids the shipping reciept and get his phone back (which i believe he never shipped)

Any way paypal made an enquiry and closed the case in my favour but apparently they could not retreive any funds from the sellers account. They asked me to contact the seller and that they locked his account unless he refunds the money first.

So please guys advice me on how to get my money back. Is there any way? i made my transaction via my credit card. Is it possibe that i call the credit card company and void the transaction. will that be okay or is there some thing else i can do?

Please please advise. Thanks

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I believe you have a small window in wich you can withdraw the funds, so long as he hasn't moved them from the account it got to (or has emptied the account, not sure) Call your credit card company and they will probably ask you to fill a form, and they will decide wether or no to try. Do this as soon as possible, and make sure to keep contact with the seller. He may get in trouble with his bank, so he may give you an alternative. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply.

I will do that.

But what do i tell the credit card company. That i never got the item or that transaction is not being refunded by paypal?

Thank you again

tell them the whole story, like you did here. this way they will know how to help you. I wouldn't hope for much if its been too long, though. If he was a scammer he must have made sure to make that money unavailable to you or your credit card company.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I will do that.

But what do i tell the credit card company. That i never got the item or that transaction is not being refunded by paypal?

Thank you again

the credit card company can cancel the transaction; there's plenty of info about it on the web.

Thanks guys. i just called the credit card company and they said that they will refund my account and do a further investigation. However if they need more info after they contact paypal they said they will let me know.

I am having my fingers crossed. Atleast i can have peace of mind until something else happens.

i still dont know whether he is a scammer coz he had the ebay account for more than 1 year and he had 100% rating with about 20 transactions.

Lets see where this goes.

Thank you guys so much.

This is the auction in question..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260287720658

check wether he built his feedback as a buyer or seller, and what was the price range of the items sold. this gives you a better idea on who you dealing with. maybe he's just a regular guy with bad luck and bad disposition.

Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
check wether he built his feedback as a buyer or seller, and what was the price range of the items sold. this gives you a better idea on who you dealing with. maybe he's just a regular guy with bad luck and bad disposition.
Yeah i checked that stuff. I mean i am not that bad at ebay either.
I did not see any alarms on his profile. That is why i went ahead and did the outside ebay via paypal.

He had ratings for both selling and buying. But the only thing was some of his ratings were from buyers who were private. I had a doubt there. but went ahead.

its a mess when things go bad in ebay. I have to be really carefull cause I live in Chile, and most of the stuff take 2weeks-1month to arrive. If anything goes wrong, sending stuff back is usually not an option, and with those times, you are even more screwed if they try to scam you. mostly its been good, electronics are about 2 times more expensive in my country than the US (not kidding here....they usually just take the price in dollars and add three zeroes. roughly 500 Pesos = 1USD , so you do the math) so its usually REALLY convenient , but I do get in trouble from time to time. My iGo keyboard was faulty, and I decided it wasn't convenient to pay for the shipping and wait another 3 weeks to get a new one, so i just have a really nice keyboard to show, but not to use. hope your experience ends in a better way.