Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Slightly OT, but have you guys seen sgnl? It's a watch strap that sends vibrations to your ear letting you receive calls Very cool, and you can use it with Pebble and other smart watches since it's just a band!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Since some time now I see the apps and watch settings interface anymore.
Me too, some of them work but most don't. Is there a way to change app settings manually? I've found a couple of cool weather watch faces but the temperature is stuck in yankeedoodle units...

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Me too, some of them work but most don't. Is there a way to change app settings manually? I've found a couple of cool weather watch faces but the temperature is stuck in yankeedoodle units...
Ruff posted a workaround on github. Open the settings page of an app, then rotate and counter-rotate. Works for me. I could finally configure some apps

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
I've actually mentioned it several posts above but yes, that's the only ugly way so far to deal with it. Also no good news for 2.0.5 - there're multiple changes in gecko qt layer but it does not recover mozview to the usable state. So we need to wait for some other future release where it's going to be fixed.

Also if @abranson releases latest PR - there will be fix for weather app so you can use it instead. I'm aware that weather always-on has a bit different user experience and I was using it myself, but now I actually switched to weatherless watchface since builtin weather provides a bit more info anyway, Also forecast (in the timeline).

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Open the settings page of an app, then rotate and counter-rotate. Works for me. I could finally configure some apps
Nice, it seems to work the first time but not the second time a settings page is opened, weird. I think it also scrolls the page off screen in landscape mode...

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
so this is definitely confirmed: https://blog.getpebble.com/2016/12/07/fitbit/ :-(

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Yup, that's the end of Pebble as we know it. Katharine's just told us she's off to Intel. I think this will pootle on for a while though, at least until everyone's watches have died. I'm still keen on getting my currently useless Pebble 2 going at some point anyway

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
I was going to quit due to pebble refusing to RMA my blown PTR. But in the end I just bought another PTS so will try to finish what I have on my todo.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Does Pebble 2 work with Rockpool?

The Following User Says Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
Does Pebble 2 work with Rockpool?
Not for a good while, if at all. Pebble 2 watches only support Bluetooth LE (low energy) connections, which works very differently. The LE functionality has been there since the first Pebble watches, but the 2 is the first one to drop the traditional Bluetooth.

BT LE isn't currently supported on Sailfish, though the upcoming Bluez5 and a later update to QtConnectivity 5.6 should help with that. The main problem is that Pebble wrote their own communication protocol for their LE support, which they call PPoGATT. Katharine wasn't allowed to release documentation on that, so it'll be a reverse engineering job. An android app called GadgetBridge has made inroads there, but it's very messy and will never be as good as a proper implementation.

Previously, I would have said it'll come but not for a while. But now I'm not sure if the interest in the residual Pebble ecosystem will be long lived enough.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch