Notices

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
That's exactly what I wanted to do - create new target in scratchbox or destroy my current thumb target I was just curious if you passed some special configuration options or just used the default maemo config
Just follow the instructions and you will have your new target completely set up. It's straight-forward process without the need of any mental activity. There are no special configuration options

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Just follow the instructions and you will have your new target completely set up. It's straight-forward process without the need of any mental activity. There are no special configuration options
I know how to set up thumb target with linaro compilers, as I have it already set up for a few weeks I was thinking only about special configuration options to Fennec browser compilation, but if there aren't any - great to hear Did you use the "mozilla-esr17" branch for v17? (something like http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-esr17/ )?

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Mozilla screwed everything, v18 has that awful scrolling and v19 can't be launched at all. Tried with the optimizing compiling options and the most simple compilation and still no success, looks like they completely abandoned Maemo. Big thanks to mozilla :/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
i would target getting a decent 17 esr build script for now then. Stable with longer support for enterprise, get a decent script and updates can be pushed easier.

Then it will free time to investigate other versions. with 18/19 have you tried both gtk and qt interfaces?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
I have the version installed that comes with CSSU thumb:
17.01a1-maemo-thumb0
How does your build differ from this one?
Will you upload yours to the CSSU.thumb repo?

freemangordon and qwazix are working on porting the Harmattan Fennec with Qt-UI to fremantle. Have you checked out their work?
That UI is supposed to be super fast!

Originally Posted by tanago View Post
In one word right now I'm doing the job for Mozilla and I can pretty much only change compiler flags to improve the browser I dont know it's source...it's big.
If you'd like to make greater changes, surely you could get help from Mozilla people to find your way around the code?

First : With some plugins loaded( I tried adblock plus & Phony) Fennec takes 20 seconds to start.
I don't know about you but I like that Fennec- it's reliable and fast & the most important thing is flash support that is missing in opera
I can't appreciate how a startup time of 20 secs is fast for you.
On my N900, it feels a good deal slower than MicroB (removed Adblock and AdFlashblock!), be it UI, startup or page load time. Also, it crashes a lot.
What I like about Fennec is it looks good, it has tabs, add-ons are being made for it by mozilla community, it syncs with desktop Firefox etc., the whole shabang that comes with Firefox.
Except all that is ruined by its persistant sssllllllloooooowwwwness...

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2013-03-05 at 20:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
..........have you tried...............
Yes I have tried esr and both gtk and qt but still results are the same, mozilla has messed up the code...

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
I have the version installed that comes with CSSU thumb:
17.01a1-maemo-thumb0
How does your build differ from this one?
Will you upload yours to the CSSU.thumb repo?

1.Difference:do u see that suffix (a1)? This means that this version is built from alpha branch and i build only from release branches(stable).
2. I dont know how to and I will not take my time to upload it there, everything is collected in the first post. I will make an exception if Fennec gets noticeably faster than MicroB, which I doubt will ever happen

freemangordon and qwazix are working on porting the Harmattan Fennec with Qt-UI to fremantle. Have you checked out their work?
That UI is supposed to be super fast!

Yes, I did

If you'd like to make greater changes, surely you could help from Mozilla people to find your way around the code?

I want to, but I dont have that time - job, etc...

I can't appreciate how a startup time of 20 secs is fast for you.
On my N900, it feels a good deal slower than MicroB (removed Adblock and AdFlashblock!), be it UI, startup or page load time. Also, it crashes a lot.
What I like about Fennec is it looks good, it has tabs, add-ons are being made for it by mozilla community, it syncs with desktop Firefox etc., the whole shabang that comes with Firefox.
Except all that is ruined by its persistant sssllllllloooooowwwwness...

I meant when you dont have addons(that 20 secs start-up time) Fennec is as faster as MicroB and I made some about:config tweaks that speed up the browser even more

Last edited by tanago; 2013-03-03 at 17:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I think it will be better if you join me and qwazix and help bringing embedLite to Fremantle. Check this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=364 and decide

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
subscribed!
i plan too try this out tomorrow. will let you know how i go. thx in advance

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
where can I find CSSU-Thumb to install please?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK

Tags
cssu thumb2, fennec