Active Topics

Halp!!!! I'm on the road and trying to use maemomapper for the next leg and the server seems to be down! Can I point it to somewhere else?

A lot of people seem to be having sporadic problems with the google maps urls these last few days. I am not sure what is going on. I suspect they may have implemented some sort of anti-leeching protocol or something, as I have had some map downloads cut off midstream, not want to resume and then if I switch IPs they work again...

LAst night I put in an address for directions and it came back with a trip that circumnavigated the planet twice and went to the North Pole!

I just have to say that if it's an "Anti-leeching" thing then that's %^$$ed up. I guess that's their right and all.

error page:

Warning: Cookie names can not contain any of the folllowing '=,; \t\r\n\013\014' (loc[South Carolina]) in /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi:477) in /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi:477) in /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi:477) in /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi on line 480

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi:477) in /www/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi on line 481
Arrive at South Carolina (Charleston, South Carolina).

This is really messing me up. Fortunately I can use the GPS to get a clue as to where I'm going but I was hoping for the specificity of the route.

In case anyone else has this problem I've found a nice work around. Go to:

http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx

And follow the directions.

When you get the GPX file be SURE to set for "full" and "Track". Apparently MaemoMapper wants a track route to display for routes. Bluetooth that file to your IT and load it up. Now I can relax some.

works in a pinch, but i miss being able to build custom routes in mameo-mapper

I agree but since after my next stop I'm entering territory I've never driven before, I'll take it over nothing at all. But it is good that there is some kind of option. Happy the temps are dropping tomorrow for the next leg.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
LAst night I put in an address for directions and it came back with a trip that circumnavigated the planet twice and went to the North Pole!
I hope you didn't actually follow that route!

The issue should be fixed... Thanks for the surprise, Google! :P

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When I run Maemo Mapper these days, I only get the choice of OpenStreet maps, which seem more or less useless. How do I get back to the old map choices (hybrid, etc.)?