Notices

Does anyone have anything planned so that Nokia770 users can play with other Nokia770 users? Maybe start off something simple like card games or turn based games like chess? Or is the technology not possible for these mobile devices?

I used to own a nokia 770 but then I sold it, now that the price is right on ebay I'm on the bangwagon again and was wondering if the gaming scene improved a bit (yes I know its an internet tablet but games are fun! espically when you can play online with them!)

Doesn't have to be a complicated game, as long as your not alone

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
I'm porting ufo2000 to Nokia 770, it runs, can connect to the server and play games. Controls are a bit awkward though (not tuned for touchscreen) and the absence of virtual keyboard makes it hard to enter login/password and chat. Due to lack of any visible interest from the community, all the work on porting ufo2000 is currently on hold.

I thought you could already play multiplayer DOOM on the 770?
Wasn't that the reason for the 'musgo' network it installed?

Anyway, it's certianly easily possible, any device with user input, a screen and networking (of any kind) could concievably play networked games.

Originally Posted by Serge
I'm porting ufo2000 to Nokia 770, it runs, can connect to the server and play games. Controls are a bit awkward though (not tuned for touchscreen) and the absence of virtual keyboard makes it hard to enter login/password and chat. Due to lack of any visible interest from the community, all the work on porting ufo2000 is currently on hold.
I'm posting the news on MaemoFr forum, maybe in France this game could have more interest.

Thank you for your work

Originally Posted by Serge
Sorry to hear that ! I'd love to be able to play this game on the 770

Gav

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
2CrapBot: Created a new forum thread for ufo2000, let's discuss it there: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?p=22915