Hi,

Someone knows where I can find more info about this faster browser? may be the debs

Regards,

Taguapire.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Search?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I've used it and to be honest, it's not faster. It does have kinetic scrolling and some good ideas, but they have only released the first version and that is slower than the current microb (at least the diablo microb - haven't been using chinook for a long time). The test they are referring to is actually a javascript test mainly. Anyway, I'm sure they'll be able to get it to a really good speeds soon, but for now, it's not better than microb.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Ahem, isn't the Diablo MicroB supposed to be based on a FF 3b4+? 'Cause the Chinook one is based on a slow alpha.

P.S. Can we get the Diablo MicroB? Can we, can we? ))

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Good things come to those who wait :P

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
And we do that a lot with MicroB, so good things must be comin'!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Will Mobile Firefox play radio station's streams from their web sites? Thanks!

I guess perhaps someone should be able to build a backport of microB? For the more adventurous of us....

Myself, I built a backport of application manager. The stupid "too long version string"-bug was fixed, I have an "update all" button finally, and I haven't had any issues - other than a couple of missing translations, but I can live with that.

I could really like a "backports"-repositiory. That would also have the added benefit for the developers of having more beta-testers, no?

- Vegard

The Following User Says Thank You to vegard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ukraine, Kharkiv
It's sounds like this http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=349 (.install icluded)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJArty For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Good things come to those who compile from SVN!

Yeah, a repo of SVN builds would be nice. "Backport" seems a bit strong, as I'm guessing most things for Diablo (4.1) will compile against Chinook (4.0) libraries just fine. (I get the impression there are few significant library changes.) To me, the more significant detail is that they're coming out of SVN, and therefore non-QA and possibly broken. But whatever it's called, such a repo would be nice.