Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
This topic will be updated every time we found a new "issue" and have a solution, so keep checking this before posting, because you may find a faster solution.

Most important NOTE
IF you use DEVEL repositories like, extras-devel you will face problems.
Why : the extras-devel are experimental packages to be tested. So, Python launcher, Mplayer and so on, PLEASE don't use those with CANOLA. If you are user that don't experiment with DEVELOPER grade applications you will not face problems.

Sorry for that, but our focus is more on those that don't know how to deal with command lines etc, i you are heavy user and likes to experiment you will face problems

So first we recommend:

1. PLEASE MAKE SURE you DISABLE DEVEL GRADE REPOSITORIES.
2. REMOVE python-launcher before install canola, then install again
3. REMOVE the devel grade MPLAYER, install .26 official version from extras (not extras devel)
4. AFTER INSTALL Mplayer you are ready to install Canolabeta8
5. Install beta8

You should be ok.

So for the Mplayer problems : please make sure :

The best MPlayer version to use is the MPlayer 1.0rc1-maemo.26.n8x0
from "extras" repository. It's important to note that versions from
"extras devel" are not stable and should be avoided if you want to
have everything working as expected.

------------------- Issues-------------------

Video playback is choppy - skipping frames / sound
It seems that the version of ATABAKE (our media layer) and Mplayer .24 causes a lot of performance issue. So make sure you have At least ATABAKE 1.4 and mplayer .26.

If you don't know how to become root and etc. I recommend the following : Unninstall canola completely with canola-cleanup tool (is in the application manager). Reboot the device, then install canola2 from scratch. If you know, you can do an apt-get update, then install atabake. (you may find a dbus problem read below)

We will update this issue, it seems that we found another bug ( the DBUS identity not found problem)
Last.fm Next button not working consistently
the user Fms has pointed us to the bug, that is caused when you leave the "default music player " options : shuffle and repeat "on" and go to last.fm plugin. We will solve this in the next update, for now please turn off shuffle and random on music player before listening to last.fm

Last.fm Login problems : it always says "unknown user" or error on Time Zone
There's a small issue with the keyboard when not on a GTK application. It seems that the FN key (used for entering numbers etc) doesn't work perfectly (2 presses will not "hold it" like expected) so please check your password if you get the "Unknown user" Error message and your password has numbers or FN activated symbols.

For the timezone problem, we will disable the check that is recommend on the last.fm protocol and will solve the problem. for now, please configure your clock on the correct time zone.

Canola don't load and then you get the following error when running canola with --vv on xterm"process 2044: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory"
This is probably also due to the Devel grade repository problem. So you can also try :
First, close canola. then run this on xterm :
dbus-uuidgen --ensure

test canola again.

After leaving the Last.fm playing screen (playing a music) and goes to any other playback screen (video or music), and going back to last.fm will not play the music that was playing before.

If you try playing (the previous interrupted) song and got the "Unknown error" it's because canola cannot play the interrupted song. So just hit NEXT ( >| ) and it will begin to play the next song perfectly.
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Last edited by handful; 2008-04-07 at 21:07.

This does not appear to be known yet:
- I'm using Canola2 to play mostly Ogg files. Canola would stop with 0:00 remaining at the end of each track, until I manually press right on the D-pad or the 'next song' button
- In album cover view, after selecting an album (so the cover image is on the left and the song list is on the right), if I tap on the cover image rather than a song, it zooms back out, and to the left of the album I see a new slot, divided into four quadrants, with the top left containing a resized cover image of the previously-selected album and the top right containing an unknown album icon.

@hircus :

- We will take a look at the ogg playback. You are using Tuomas package right?

- album view :

That's the cover selection tool. Downloading cover from internet sometimes comes with several different quality / releases coves.

If you had more covers they would show there. The empty cover is to allow you to delete a cover (if you get for example a nude pic instead of a album- it happens)
And we are finishing our design to allow you to "pick from file" also there. So if you have no cover, you can hit the button and pick a file from disk to be the cover.

Cheers,

Marcelo

Yes, Tuomas' ogg-support-0.6 .

Regarding the cover -- yes, I would have realized it sooner, if I had not pre-pruned my covers a few beta releases ago. All my albums have only one cover, which is why I only saw that cover and the blank image. Thanks!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Reggie and handful, is there a way to make this thread a "sticky" to keep it at the top of the home page list and new posts list for as long as Beta8 is out? (I don't have the mplayer version problem or the extra repository problems -- I'm just trying to be helpful )

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I think we should ask reggie directly
it's a good idea!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Is this suppose to happen on the canola startup?, probibly not.

as you see, the home gui is in a list (not as icons)
was this suppose to hapen?
here's some screenshots; (one of some unknown feacher?)

Unfortunately those were the only screenshots that i was abele to obtain because all the other buttons were unresponsive on canola

and when i tryed to launch using x-terminal the same results appeared and i know i don't have those apps listed above....

here's the results from launching canola:

~ $ canola
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ecore.c_ecore_timer.pxi", line 12, in ecore.c_ecore.timer_cb
File "ecore.c_ecore_timer.pxi", line 74, in ecore.c_ecore.Timer._exec
File "canola-core/sub_menu/ui.py", line 368, in shower
IndexError: pop from empty list
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ecore.c_ecore_timer.pxi", line 12, in ecore.c_ecore.timer_cb
File "ecore.c_ecore_timer.pxi", line 74, in ecore.c_ecore.Timer._exec
File "canola-core/sub_menu/ui.py", line 368, in shower
IndexError: pop from empty list

Is there a way of fixing this problem? I really need help
Attached Images

Bman : wait a couple of minutes )) this is the first time I see this, and I think you need one of the team's wizard to figure out exactly what happens I'm just a single servant compared to them ))))

Morpheuz is analyzing the error...

Cheers

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
It won't even launch now!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Recife
Hi,

Could you please tell us if you have python-launcher installed ? And could you please try to run canola in verbose mode and post here the results ?

$> canola -vv

Thanks!