Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Ed_ View Post
qwerty12: What's build 11?

Ed
Sorry, I'm dreaming lol. I meant 7.

build 11 installs fine for me..
The problem how I understood it only appeared on latest OS2008 version 2.2007.51-3. Which version do you use?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
OS2008 2.2007.51-3

I didn't have Evince installed before (due to me recovering from a new reflash)

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Installation problem should be fixed in maemo8 build. I've just uploaded it to the repo. Please, try to install and test it.

Ed
That did the trick. Thanks!

Nice! I just installed it.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Hum. When I tried installing it originally, the Application Manager said that it failed, but it was on the Menu and launchable. Application manager said Evince (build 8) was broken. Running apt-get install evince stated that it wasn't completely installed, but allowing it to go further fixed a few things and now the Application Manager doesn't show that it's broken. This may be due to the earlier mess up I had due to powerlaunch, or having manually added the support packages installed using Red Pill Mode yesterday.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with this release and will be using it to continue my C/C++/GTK+ studies tomorrow. I learned about creating a dynamic array at runtime using the heap for memory allocation (instead of the stack frame)! I feel smart now. Thanks Ed!
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Hi,

Yesterday I released maemo8 build to the public. There were no bugs left on garage tracker and only one FR hasn't been resolved yet, so I decided to publish evince on garage[1], maemo/downloads[2] and put packages into chinook extras repository.

Thank you, guys for all your help with this project. Without you it wouldn't be possible to do it.

Please note, that this is the same maemo8 build as in extras-devel, I just copied packages to extras repository. So, if you already have maemo8 installed you don't need to reinstall it, it's absolutely the same. Hovewer I'd appreciate it if you try to install them and report your findings if any.

I aslo wouldn't mind if you rate the application on maemo/downloads

Thank you,
Ed

[1] https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1738
[2] http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/evince/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ed_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Hovewer I'd appreciate it if you try to install them and report your findings if any.

Ed

Update from version maemo6 went smoothly. (Entering garage.maemo.org generates a warning about certificate expiration, but that's not about evince, nor does it effect anything.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Northern California
Where can I get unrar? Evince is "not installable" due to unrar being unavailable currently.

I just reloaded the extras repo again to be sure, and it is not there.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Try adding this repo:

xarchiver Catalogue
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2